2019-20 NCAA Football Thread

Looking at the bowls this year they did a much better job with matchups being much closer vs last couple years.
Wisconson vs Oregon is one I look forward too. Think I would flip the 2pt spread and take the ducks.
I have zero confidence in A&M being a 7 pt. favorite over Ok State. Take the points here and go with State.
It should be a good bowl season at least on paper.

Back in 2008, Georgia started the season at #1. After game 2 they dropped to #2. Then after game 3 they dropped to #3 (which would knock them out under the BCS system), even though they won all 4 of their first 4 games.
Exactly ...

Ohio State regularly gets dropped after winning ... this is nothing new.

Since the inception of the National Championship playoff 2014-2015, the #1 ranked team going in has never won the championship. The #4 ranked team has won twice.
What's that tell us about all these mythical championships? The trophies are no more than cumbersome paperweights. Yes, I know there were 2 polls which occasionally resulted in a split named champion but still, this says a lot about deciding a National Championship on paper and how wrong it was.
championship.JPG

Since the inception of the National Championship playoff 2014-2015, the #1 ranked team going in has never won the championship. The #4 ranked team has won twice.
What's that tell us about all these mythical championships? The trophies are no more than cumbersome paperweights. Yes, I know there were 2 polls which occasionally resulted in a split named champion but still, this says a lot about deciding a National Championship on paper and how wrong it was. View attachment 142260

System had its flaws, still does.

Congratulations Joe Burrow.
52d53f179404efffa3c9e1b3feeebf0d.jpg

Here's the final 2019 Heisman Trophy point totals.

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU: 2,608

Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma: 762

Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State: 747

Chase Young, DE, Ohio State: 643

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: 189

J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State: 114

Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson: 88

Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State: 68

Travis Etienne, RB, LSU: 25

Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: 24

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobucks and Jimbo
What's that tell us about all these mythical championships? The trophies are no more than cumbersome paperweights. Yes, I know there were 2 polls which occasionally resulted in a split named champion but still, this says a lot about deciding a National Championship on paper and how wrong it was. View attachment 142260
This clearly tells you that being #1 (at the end of the regular season) isn't all that important .... particularly in the 4 team playoffs.

This clearly tells you that being #1 (at the end of the regular season) isn't all that important .... particularly in the 4 team playoffs.

Of course, it doesn't matter now with a playoff system in place.

Last edited:
Here's the final 2019 Heisman Trophy point totals.

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU: 2,608

Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma: 762

Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State: 747

Chase Young, DE, Ohio State: 643

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: 189

J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State: 114

Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson: 88

Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State: 68

Travis Etienne, RB, LSU: 25

Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: 24

Correction:

Travis Etienne, RB “Clemson”: 25

The Cajun name gave me a senior moment there.

Heisman wasn't ever supposed to be about the best player on the best team.

Barry Sanders- Oklahoma State
Marshall Faulk - San Diego State

You’re correct. It’s given for “outstanding performance which best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.”

This year:

Joe Burrow - Louisiana State University

Reactions: mdonnelly
You’re correct. It’s given for “outstanding performance which best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.”

This year:

Joe Burrow - Louisiana State University
No where does it say it has to go to a QB ...

Please tell the voters that.
Which is another issue ... they have like 900 voters, thats ridiculous.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Heres hoping that the Buckeyes come out strong against Clemson ....
I would love to see the Buckeyes vs LSU ...

Buckeye connections all over the Finals ...

Btw, LSU, don't sleep on Oklahoma ...

Reactions: mccoyrj
Heres hoping that the Buckeyes come out strong against Clemson ....
I would love to see the Buckeyes vs LSU ...

Buckeye connections all over the Finals ...

Btw, LSU, don't sleep on Oklahoma ...

Final could very easily be OU vs Clemson. Some of the best games of the season coming up. No skaters in this group. All teams will need to bring their A game. Can’t wait!

I don't have any great hope for Oklahoma to win a playoff game this year. The defense has been better than in past years, but it's still not good. But I hope I'm wrong.

As talented as Hurts is he's a turnover machine at times so unless he suddenly stops LSU shouldn't have a problem. Don't think their D can hang either, I see a blowout in the making.
If I were a betting man I think Clemson handles OSU in a close one. Oddsmakers agree looking at the line.

What's great now they actually play these games for the National Championship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts