2021-22 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always been an issue, and never changed. The Falcons lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots in OT on the Patriots opening drive, yet the rules remained as is.
Yes in a big game. They don't care about week 3.

Yes in a big game. They don't care about week 3.
Yes a big game. If they're not going to change it because of a Super Bowl, they're not going to change it due to a playoff (the Chiefs lost in 2019 the same way they beat the Bills this past year) or even the regular season.

Other than the same fans complaining about sudden death OT, nothing has changed.

Personally I hate the way the NFL does OT, but I don't see them changing it, as there's no reason to (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

Yes a big game. If they're not going to change it because of a Super Bowl, they're not going to change it due to a playoff (the Chiefs lost in 2019 the same way they beat the Bills this past year) or even the regular season.

Other than the same fans complaining about sudden death OT, nothing has changed.
I'm hopeful that this year it changes.

As it takes 24 (out of 32) owners to agree, I don't see it happening, especially since it would guarantee lengthening the games, something the NFL (and players) don't want to do.
Overtime is 10:00 minutes, most of them don't last that long. Adding another possession won't extend it that long.

Personally I hate the way the NFL does OT, but I don't see them changing it, as there's no reason to (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).
EXCEPT it IS BROKE ....

EXCEPT it IS BROKE ....
The NFL defends it by pointing out that the winner of the coin toss has only won in 50% of the games, making it a toss up (pun intended) that the coin toss will make the difference.

That said, I hate the NFL sudden death overtime and prefer the NCAA's (before the 3rd possession change).

The NFL defends it by pointing out that the winner of the coin toss has only won in 50% of the games, making it a toss up (pun intended) that the coin toss will make the difference.

That said, I hate the NFL sudden death overtime and prefer the NCAA's (before the 3rd possession change).
At least the GAME still gets played in the NFL ..... Offense and Defense and Special teams ... oh wait, they really HAVE taken the kick off return out of the game already.

Wonder what stupid way they will change the game to take the Punt out of the game ?

Btw, is it College or Pro's that make you run 2 point plays now to win a game ???
Which ever it is, its GOTTA GO.

Wonder what stupid way they will change the game to take the Punt out of the game ?
Probably require a fair catch, with the receiver allowed to catch it in order to prevent the ball going any further, but not allow him to return it.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
Overtime is 10:00 minutes, most of them don't last that long. Adding another possession won't extend it that long.
15 minutes, play the whole quarter. Last team to have possession in regulation starts on defense. Coin toss determines which team buys doughnuts.

Regarding punt returns:

No Yards: A penalty against the kicking team: all offside (sense 2) players must be at least five yards from the ball when it is first touched by a member of the receiving team. CFL rules, the penalty is reduced to five yards if the ball hits the ground before being touched.

OT should go back to 15 minutes ...
Once both teams have a possession, its next one to score wins.

If the teams playing are any good, game would rarely ever go to running out of time.

Then again, we have seen poor teams not score in that time frame. (hoping for a tie)

Reactions: AZ.
Why did we not hear about this till now ?

When Ok and Tex decided to go to the sec, we heard about it for Months ....

As it turns out, USC and UCLA may very well join Sooner than OK/Tex.

Reactions: AZ.
Why did we not hear about this till now ?

When Ok and Tex decided to go to the sec, we heard about it for Months ....

As it turns out, USC and UCLA may very well join Sooner than OK/Tex.
Sounds like the Pac-10 had no idea this was coming.

Yet, they are the ones that had to Start the conversation ... you would think.
Why would you think that the PAC would be the ones to start the conversation for USC and UCLA to move? Knowing that such a move would basically be a death blow to the conference?

From what I have read USC and UCLA initiated the contact, and the BIG jumped on it, obviously.

It is funny that after Texas and Oklahoma bolted for the SEC, the B10 stood on the moral high ground stump and criticized the SEC for destabilizing college football.

Even going so far as to form the "Alliance" with the ACC and hahaha, the Pac 12 to counter the "threat".

The Pac wasnt even looking when their partner conference slit their throat.

Reactions: Derwin0
Why would you think that the PAC would be the ones to start the conversation for USC and UCLA to move? Knowing that such a move would basically be a death blow to the conference?

From what I have read USC and UCLA initiated the contact, and the BIG jumped on it, obviously.
Sorry, I meant USC and UCLA had to have started it, I would think ... not the Pac

Reactions: Ronnie-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts