2021 Dish Prices

I don't know the price now, but let's say the 211 is $100.
Not likely. You can find Wally receivers for sale under $60. ViP would be even cheaper than that. Also, if the receiver is purchased from a third party, rather than directly from Dish, then Dish would not get any more money from that sale. So, that makes your math a little off...

Reactions: zippyfrog
Not likely. You can find Wally receivers for sale under $60. ViP would be even cheaper than that. Also, if the receiver is purchased from a third party, rather than directly from Dish, then Dish would not get any more money from that sale. So, that makes your math a little off...
I must have bought an expensive VIP211k 5 years ago then - because I bought it for $120 :biggrin Or the cost has dropped considerably! And yes, my math would be off then.

I must have bought an expensive VIP211k 5 years ago then - because I bought it for $120 :biggrin Or the cost has dropped considerably! And yes, my math would be off then.
Yes, in 2015 Dish gave me a price of $99 to purchase a ViP211k from them. I was negotiating a win-back deal at the time. So, instead of taking monthly credits off my bill, I got them to give me the total of the credits up-front, and used that to pay for the new receiver.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
So, I have a Wally now with no receiver or DVR fee at all. If I buy a Hopper 3 to replace it, what will my fees be after January, including DVR and receiver, other etc.?

That is my interpretation of the chart from the link in the first post.
Receiver​
2021 Service Fee
Savings​
Hopper 3
$5.00​
-$10.00​

(To see that, select Hopper 3 from the drop-down list, and then click Submit.)
Yes, I saw that. But there is, or was, a DVR fee too, unless I'm losing my memory.

Yes, I saw that. But there is, or was, a DVR fee too, unless I'm losing my memory.
I think the Service Fee is the DVR Fee (in other words, DVR service) based on the wording in the message above the drop-down list:
"In addition to the core package changes, we also will be removing receiver fees on equipment you've purchased and own, if any. If you own your equipment, you will see a new, lower service fee for access on those TVs."
So, they are eliminating the receiver fee, and only charging a single fee for service. For non-DVR receiver models, that would be a fee for the first receiver. For DVR models, that would be the DVR fee, with no additional fee for the first receiver, like it has always been.

Back when I had 3 VIP receivers, there was a separate DVR fee from my receiver fees. Now my receiver fees show a $15 Hopper DVR Service fee and 2 $7 Joey fees.. So... You may be right. I hope you are. Not clear.

Reactions: pattykay
IF y'all are right about the dvr fee being $5.00 on the hopper 3, I will come out ahead on my bill come next month because I already got a 2 year price freeze with $5.00 off on my dvr fee now, so I will make $5.00 once this kicks in. Either way it will be an improvement. I have always said that the Receiver and Dvr fees were killing DISH with subscribers. You could have $29.00 in fees just to have a hopper and two joeys/ Wallies today. Next month that would go down to $19.00.

IF y'all are right about the dvr fee being $5.00 on the hopper 3, I will come out ahead on my bill come next month because I already got a 2 year price freeze with $5.00 off on my dvr fee now, so I will make $5.00 once this kicks in. Either way it will be an improvement. I have always said that the Receiver and Dvr fees were killing DISH with subscribers. You could have $29.00 in fees just to have a hopper and two joeys/ Wallies today. Next month that would go down to $19.00.
The price freeze is one of the things we're not clear on when the new lower fees for owned equipment kick in. Will the prices remain frozen at the current level? Or drop due to the new fees.

Dish has posted their updated prices for 2021 - $5 per package. The locals core package goes up $3.

They are also reducing equipment fees. "In addition to the core package changes, we also will be removing receiver fees on equipment you've purchased and own, if any. If you own your equipment, you will see a new, lower service fee for access on those TVs" Hopper is $10 less...

I don't see the RSN fee anywhere anymore on the page. No way to look up the cost per zipcode.

In other-words if I go and buy "any" Dish receiver I will not be charged a receiver fee? I have kept the 211k as I have no fees to pay. I always believed that any receiver "owned" there should be no fees on it.

In other-words if I go and buy "any" Dish receiver I will not be charged a receiver fee? I have kept the 211k as I have no fees to pay. I always believed that any receiver "owned" there should be no fees on it.
I believe that any owned equipment will only be charged a "service fee" while rented equipment has an "equipment fee", which to me seems to be a service fee + rental fee. There is still a fee for owning, but it is less expensive than renting

Reactions: TheKrell
You're saying that because it's not in the list. Neither is the 4k Joey. That means my two 4k Joeys will have no fees? Somehow I doubt it. :biggrin
Maybe it means that Dish is completely phasing out the 4K Joey, to replace it with a newer model (to be named later) that will also handle HDR. On the other hand, several SD-only models that are also being phased out are included on the list.

$15.00 --- each purchased Joey or Wally would also be only $5.00 each.