2021 Dish Prices

In other-words if I go and buy "any" Dish receiver I will not be charged a receiver fee? I have kept the 211k as I have no fees to pay. I always believed that any receiver "owned" there should be no fees on it.
I believe what you are talking about is that some of us have been grandfathered that you pay no receiver fee for the first receiver..I have the same question I asked earlier in this thread about if you are now going to be paying for a service fee.. I'm almost sure that now let's say for example if you just have the one 211k you own that they are going to charge you for the service fee...no more free receiver.. It's just another sneaky way of dish raising fees on non-leased equipment

I can see one good thing that may come from these changes, though. Perhaps Dish will finally start letting subscribers lease two Hopper 3's, instead of requiring that one of them be purchased. That way, Dish can collect the higher lease fees from new customers. Meanwhile, the early adopters, who were forced to buy the second Hopper 3, and have been paying the higher fee all along, can finally see some benefit with the new lower fee.

Hey crodrules , guess what came today?

20201218_145905.jpg

What is new is that, for the first time I have seen on these price charts, there is a Locals Only core package for $15 that does not require any other base package. The chart listing that as a $3 increase is confusing, since it is comparing that price to the price for the locals add-on, which is apparently not changing. (However, the fine print also fails to mention that the price of Welcome Pack already includes locals. Last year's chart made the same omission, until I pointed it out here, and the fine print got updated. So, it is possible that the fine print is still outdated this time.)

So, my questions about the Locals Only core package are:
  • Is it already available now, or do we have to wait until 1/14/21 before we can switch to it?
  • Does Locals Only also allow you to add Latino Bonus Pack? (Latino Bonus Pack was recently made available to Welcome Pack subscribers, after a long period of Welcome Pack not qualifying to add Latino Bonus Pack.)
If the answer to that last question is yes, then this could lower my bill considerably
I did a chat and asked when will the Locals Only core package be available to change to. The answer I got was that it is only available in Covid mandated states and I am not in one. I will try again after 1/14/21. I also notice it is not yet on the Dish web page as a core programming package.

I did a chat and asked when will the Locals Only core package be available to change to. The answer I got was that it is only available in Covid mandated states and I am not in one. I will try again after 1/14/21. I also notice it is not yet on the Dish web page as a core programming package.
That may be good news for me. The last I heard, Ohio was one of the worst (if not the worst) states in the country as far as new Covid cases. On top of that, the county where I live (Richland County) is the only county in our area color-coded purple, which is the highest severity level. So, maybe this means that I would qualify for the Locals Only package.

That may be good news for me. The last I heard, Ohio was one of the worst (if not the worst) states in the country as far as new Covid cases. On top of that, the county where I live (Richland County) is the only county in our area color-coded purple, which is the highest severity level. So, maybe this means that I would qualify for the Locals Only package.
I believe the State has to have a shutdown mandate to qualify. Texas is still partially open. I don't know about Ohio.

I believe the State has to have a shutdown mandate to qualify. Texas is still partially open. I don't know about Ohio.
Well, in any event, Dish shouldn't be listing it in their price chart if it isn't available everywhere. Or at the very least, there should be an asterisk, with more details then provided in the fine print at the bottom of the page. All the listing in the chart is going to do is cause more customers to call Dish to ask about switching to this option, whether it is actually available or not.

Inflation in 2020 was less than 1.5%, yet Dish has raised my package price by 12.5%. Where does Dish think we will get the money to pay these ridiculously high increases. I am already down to the Welcome pack and still missing my CBS and CW channels. We should get a rebate.

Inflation in 2020 was less than 1.5%, yet Dish has raised my package price by 12.5%. Where does Dish think we will get the money to pay these ridiculously high increases. I am already down to the Welcome pack and still missing my CBS and CW channels. We should get a rebate.
or you could simply trade elsewhere. Vote with your pocketbook...

Inflation has little to do with the annual package price increases. The retrans contracts typically include annual increases that Dish will be paying, and some of those costs get passed on to us.

Reactions: dweber