2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Here comes the pathetic Change of Rules into OT, in the Semi Finals no less.

We have two teams playing football, then we go to OT and Change the damn rules.

It hasn't come down to a kicking contest yet, buy its still possible.
Luckily it didn't come into play.

I agree, should have stayed how it was. Take turns and then on the 3rd turn you have to go for 2. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Great stop by Michigan in the OT though, there was no hole for Bama's quarterback.

Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.
I agree, I am worn out after the Michigan game, just watched Washington score, but there is no way I will make it the entire game.

Getting old sucks.
Yeah, having it start at 9pm was stupid, especially as it was 8pm in New Orleans. Most of us had to be at work the next day, and they could have easily had the Sugar Bowl be at 1:00 (12:00 local) and have it before the Rose Bowl.

The Championship game will be almost as bad.

Reactions: AZ.
Thats sad ....

Jerry has to Steal as many games as he possibly can, poor guy.
Cotton Bowl has been played at the Dallas Cowboy's stadium since before Jerry bought the Cowboys (moved from the State Fair Grounds to Texas Stadium in 1971, Jerry bought the team in 1989).

Yeah, having it start at 9pm was stupid, especially as it was 8pm in New Orleans. Most of us had to be at work the next day, and they could have easily had the Sugar Bowl be at 1:00 (12:00 local) and have it before the Rose Bowl.

Went to bed at 10pm, up at 5 to get my work out in, that is done, now ready to work and my almost new work computer they gave me decides that it hates me, giving me the screen no one wishes to see.

Last edited:
Semifinals

• Thursday, January 8, 2026: Vrbo Fiesta Bowl (evening)
  • Friday, January 9, 2026: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (evening)
Thursday night game will suck, but seeing how the NFL is starting the playoffs that Sat & Sun, that leaves only Thurs & Fri.

Well, they could play on Sat, but no one except people from those two teams would watch (most will be watching the wild card games).

They really should have put the quarterfinals the week prior to new years and kept the semi's on New Years.

Thursday night game will suck, but seeing how the NFL is starting the playoffs that Sat & Sun, that leaves only Thurs & Fri.

Well, they could play on Sat, but no one except people from those two teams would watch (most will be watching the wild card games).

They really should have put the quarterfinals the week prior to new years and kept the semi's on New Years.
This will suck also, I know no time listed, but we all know it will be a 8pm Game that will not start till 8:30 at least.

CFP National Championship

• Monday, January 19, 2026: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida

This will suck also, I know no time listed, but we all know it will be a 8pm Game that will not start till 8:30 at least.

Yeah, those have sucked ever since they started them.

Yes, the Championship game is always on a Monday night.

Will that change when the 12 team format happens ?
edit: Nope, 8 pm (at least) on a Monday night. :rolleyes

They Could work it out to have the Championship game the off week for the Super Bowl, however, even the SB doesn't know what its doing ... sometimes theres a week off and other times Not.

Cotton Bowl has been played at the Dallas Cowboy's stadium since before Jerry bought the Cowboys (moved from the State Fair Grounds to Texas Stadium in 1971, Jerry bought the team in 1989).
Incorrect
The cotton bowl moved to Jerry’s world in 2010.

In 2010, the Cotton Bowl Classic moved to the new Cowboys Stadium (now AT&T Stadium) in Arlington, as part of a bid by bowl officials to make it part of the BCS in 2011

2025 Season
First Round (On-Campus)

• Friday, December 19, 2025: One Game (evening)
  • Saturday, December 20, 2025: Three Games (early afternoon, late afternoon and evening)
Quarterfinals

• Wednesday, December 31, 2025: Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic (evening)
  • Thursday, January 1, 2026: Capital One Orange Bowl (early afternoon), Rose Bowl Game (late afternoon) and Allstate Sugar Bowl (evening)
Semifinals

• Thursday, January 8, 2026: Vrbo Fiesta Bowl (evening)
  • Friday, January 9, 2026: Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (evening)

That similar scheduling actually starts with the 2024 season:

GCzT4kZXQAEdTaF

Incorrect
The cotton bowl moved to Jerry’s world in 2010.

In 2010, the Cotton Bowl Classic moved to the new Cowboys Stadium (now AT&T Stadium) in Arlington, as part of a bid by bowl officials to make it part of the BCS in 2011
I stand corrected, thought it moved at the same time as the Cowboys.

Either way, it wasn't because of Jerry. The reason the Cotton Bowl Committee moved the game was to make it part of the BCS as the Cotton Bowl Stadium was not up to "BCS Standards".

Reactions: Mr Tony
Actually that makes the most sense considering where the Sugar Bowl is.

Should have one play on the 31 next year, since it will be a Tuesday, the other on the first, both at 5pm, people have to go back to work tomorrow, late game makes that tough.
They should Never be played on NYE ... I think weve seen the rating being way down on NYE, for obvious reasons.

They should Never be played on NYE ... I think weve seen the rating being way down on NYE, for obvious reasons.
Historically several bowl games were played on New Years Eve, such as the Fiesta and Peach.

Ratings due to the date were never an issue, ratings due to matchups were.

The only reason they didn't do the bowls on New Years Eve this year was because it was a Sunday, and their ratings would have been crushed by NFL games. That was the same reason they didn't play them on New Years Day last year.