2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Good Luck with that ....

Of course they will have the #1 game on Friday, hopefully they have the ONLY game on Friday ....
Its gonna be really sad if College goes to always having games on Friday.
Hopefully people just don't watch.

If My team isn't on one of those Friday night games, I won't be watching.
It is college football. People will watch it.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Good Luck with that ....

Of course they will have the #1 game on Friday, hopefully they have the ONLY game on Friday ....
Its gonna be really sad if College goes to always having games on Friday.
Hopefully people just don't watch.

If My team isn't on one of those Friday night games, I won't be watching.
It might be, games will be from the Big Ten, Big 12 and Mountain West.

Since they no longer have WWE Smackdown in the Fall, gotta but something on Fridays.

It might be, games will be from the Big Ten, Big 12 and Mountain West.

Since they no longer have WWE Smackdown in the Fall, gotta but something on Fridays.
Tradition going down the drain AGAIN ....

Fridays is Always for the HIGH School games.

The Almighty Dollar Greed strikes yet again ... :(

Reactions: Mike0616
Tradition going down the drain AGAIN ....

Fridays is Always for the HIGH School games.

The Almighty Dollar Greed strikes yet again ... :(
High School Games do not get ratings.

Not greed, this is how TV Stations survive in today’s world, have to see what programming still makes money with diminished ad dollars and per sub fees.

Going to throw College Football on Fridays on the wall to see if it sticks.

High School Games do not get ratings.

Not greed, this is how TV Stations survive in today’s world, have to see what programming still makes money with diminished ad dollars and per sub fees.

Going to throw College Football on Fridays on the wall to see if it sticks.
You missed the point entirely ...

Fridays is for Going to High School Football games, ALWAYS has been, should NOT change.

Whether you go to them or not, Fridays is for HS Football.

You missed the point entirely ...

Fridays is for Going to High School Football games, ALWAYS has been, should NOT change.

Whether you go to them or not, Fridays is for HS Football.
Well go, no one is stopping you.

But you are not understanding the issue, profits are dropping big time and accelerating, while Fox are watching their income drop, yet the bills are not decreasing, still have to pay the College Football conferences.

Well go, no one is stopping you.

But you are not understanding the issue, profits are dropping big time and accelerating, while Fox are watching their income drop, yet the bills are not decreasing, still have to pay the College Football conferences.
Its not MY fault Fox is LOSING money and has to try to steal from Children to make them selves feel better.

Not much of a college football fan this century. but with all the crazy movement of teams. it seems like a unstable product in some sence. add in paying players.
One thing I'm sure of is any sport that has more than 8 teams in the playoffs are just money grabbing.

Over the system that has been around since 2015 how many times did you even see the need for 8 teams ? 5 or 6 maybe some year.

That's right, the expansion thing, but they are getting more for that too. But it seems $150 million still per game.

• Wow
It’s all an investment in keeping ESPN’s upcoming DTC offering relevant. There will most likely be more big money deals with other sports on the horizon.

I Can't Believe Notre Dame actually feels THIS way ....

They play in the ACC and Big Ten in Football and various other conferences for other sports, yet call themselves an Independent.

Why they get ACC money if they are not Technically IN the ACC ....
The College higher ups decide they will give ND money, well, just because they are ND, they've decided to accept them in the CFP even thou they don't play in a conference that is associated with CFP ....

They are like the Chick that Thinks shes Hot ...

Now with the CFP going to 12/14 teams ND SHOULD be able to make extra money.

Still not making as much as if they were in a Conference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
They play in the ACC and Big Ten in Football and various other conferences for other sports, yet call themselves an Independent.

Why they get ACC money if they are not Technically IN the ACC ....
Probably because they're in the ACC for all sports except football, and therefore get a prorated payout.

Probably because they're in the ACC for all sports except football, and therefore get a prorated payout.
Sounds like a Team that consider themselves ENTITLED to me.

At least the CFP committee hasn't said ND gets a 1 round bye ... yet.

They have barely made the top 12 of late.