211/411 black screen?

j2kirby7 said:
I'm having the problem...I have the 1000 with the built in switch.

Maybe I should have asked if anyone WITH a DPP44 is having the problem. But I think like kirby said, it's the same issue as your switch get's the power from the receiver on port 1.

Kirby, do you have any other receivers you put on port 1 for the DP34? then have the 411 on another port?

Kirby Baker said:
No other DPP receivers, not until I get my 622. And actually no other receivers beyond the 411 and 6000.

Oh well, it does seem you have found something though that needs to be tested by some others.

For what it's worth I have 2 411's and am use a Dish 500 and Dish 300 (For 65.5) and 2 SW21 switches and have had no problems. Receivers update @03:00 AM every day and they powerup fine when I go to use them for the first time of the day.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Yeah I am thinking the issue relates to DPP receivers connected to DPP switches that dont have power inserters, and DPP LNB's. The Dish1000 (with internal switch) and DPP34 both fall into this category. Are there other combos?

NR2D said:
For what it's worth I have 2 411's and am use a Dish 500 and Dish 300 (For 65.5) and 2 SW21 switches and have had no problems. Receivers update @03:00 AM every day and they powerup fine when I go to use them for the first time of the day.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

So your setup is:

Dish 500 to one side of SW21 and Dish 300 to other side of SW21 on each 411 receiver?

I am thinking like Kirby and this only related to DP and DPP switches (not the DPP 44) that receive power from the receiver.

Last edited:
I think we need to be tracking DP lnb's and legacy LNB's in this as well...

My setup: Dish 500 with DPP Twin feeding inputs 1+2 on DPP34. 61.5 with DP Dual feeding input 3 of DPP34.

411 on output 1, 6000 with legacy adapter on output 4. outputs 2+3 unused.

I wonder if anyone from E* tech will read this thread, or if they can be made aware of it?

SatinKzo said:
Hmm, interesting theory there Kirby. Is there anyone else having this issue that does not have a DP34? I use a DPP44 (sep power inserter) and have not had this problem.

I've had it (infrequently) with a legacy SW-64 switch. Setup: DISH 500 for 110, 119 and DISH 300 for 61.5, legacy dual lnb.

Last edited:
I just got my VIP211 this morning, and I got my first black screen while I was watching the Superbowl pregame shows.

I had to do a hard reset. As others posted I had audio coming in fine, but no picture.

I'm on a DP34 with a 6000, 508, and my 211 with a super dish. On a good note Dish is coming out on Tuesday with a 61.5 dish and a DP44 switch. So my black screen problem may be short lived..

Will repost after my DP44 is installed if I still have black screens problems!!

Got 411 hooked up Friday afternoon. Tech was gone about 15 minutes when I lost audio. Called tech support on Saturday and after resets finally got audio. Well wife watching tv than lose audio again. Another reset than we have audio but no video. Sunday after untold resets finally got video but no audio. So far 411 is very unstable. Fingers are crossed right now everythings working

I have the vip211 and was getting the "no screen no audio" reboot. It would search for sat signal and download the guide after reboot. The box is set to update at 3am, but the reboot seems random. I have a DP44 switch, the one you have to plug into power in the house.

I was also losing the audio on my OTA's after the 3am guide update.

I haven't noticed either problem since the Feb. software upgrade. Hopefully the updates are taking care of these issues; though it looks like some of you are still getting it since then.

I have the DP LNBs, using a Dish 500 for Voom (129) and a SuperDish for everything else.

Weird and annoying!!!!!

I'll post if any of it happens again.:confused:

Last edited:
New 211, only three days old. Watching the game OTA and three times I've had the screen freeze. CHange channel and no picture. Audio if fine. Reboot solves the problem but this is pretty annoying. Last night I lost audio...reboot solved the problem. Seems that Dish is taking lessons form Microsoft?

Now the reboot is not bringing the picture back. I was hoping the 211 rollout would not be a repeat of the 811 but it looks like there are problems.

Kirby Baker said:
I think we need to be tracking DP lnb's and legacy LNB's in this as well...

My setup: Dish 500 with DPP Twin feeding inputs 1+2 on DPP34. 61.5 with DP Dual feeding input 3 of DPP34.

411 on output 1, 6000 with legacy adapter on output 4. outputs 2+3 unused.

I wonder if anyone from E* tech will read this thread, or if they can be made aware of it?

I have new Dish1000, no legacy LNB's (all replaced with new Dish1000), DPP34, 411 and 811. When the 411 has a black screen, the 811 is fine.

I had two black screen's back to back before the Super Bowl started, but from 6:00pm EST till Grey's Anatomy was over my VIP211 worked perfectly fine with out any black screens.

So it seems there are two instance of the black screen.

One occurring when the system has been off for a while and never sends picture when turned on.

Another seems to occur while viewing programming if I read these posts correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts