211 or 222 For Second Set

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
I have install Sched for Fri. Just wondering if i should switch from the 222 back to a 211 for my HD in the second room. I don't have a phone jack in the room for the dual tuner.
What are the other drawbacks going from a 222 to a 211 ?

Also does the 222 Support Dishcomm ? To support only 1 phone line hooked up to my 722?

DISH CommTM Technology† will allow phone and audio data to be sent throughout a home over existing power wiring. Requires only one phone line connection among all DISH Comm-enabled receivers in a home.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the 211 should become a DVR with external HD in December/January.

Went ahead and changed wo to install 1 722 and 2 211
Makes it easier all the way around no phone line issues with the 211.
Just Cost me another 5 or 6 bucks a month.

Forgot to ask the sales rep when I scheduled my install, and I haven't found any literature on it. Is the 211 Mpeg 4?

I would go with the 222, if It was my choice.

I have yet to get Dishcomm successfully working!
Does the 211 even support DishCOMM? The attached literature shows that it supports it but I have not been able to network my 622 and 211. I actually called tech support today and they said currently only the 622 and 722 support DishCOMM. The 211 doesn't even have DishCOMM in the menu.

Attachments

• Receiver211Man.pdf
    86 KB · Views: 226
I would go with the 222, if It was my choice. .....

Is there any advantage in using a single 222 for 2 TV's, vs. 2 211's, other than avoiding the extra monthly fee for the second receiver? It seems to me that the future potential of using the 211's as DVR's with external disks might prove more valuable in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts