211 program guide needs constant updating

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone else have the issue of your 211 program guide constantly being out of date and having to download? I scroll to the next day and the message comes up. I have rebooted, unplugged etc and it continues to do it.

I believe 211 only has a 24 hour guide that is reloaded every night. If you try to go beyond that it has to load new data. It's not a DVR so It only needs current day data.

211 has a 9 day guide I think... if I'm wrong oh well wouldn't be the first...... but I do know its more then 24 hours.

You might have low signal levels, run a check switch and post your signal strength levels on

119 transponder 11
110 transponder 11
129 transponder 30

The two day guide is downloaded from the 110 location, cannot remember which transponder is it. The signal strength on that transponder may be at the source of the problem. If someone could chime in on which transponder it is, you sould be able to check that one.

"Here are my signal levels:

119 trans 11 = 101
110 trans 11 = 97
129 trans 30 = 84"

Something is wrong with this picture, he still has the old Signal Strength meter and not the new one. What software version does your receiver have? Press Menu twice and post the software version. Looks like your receiver is not downloading the guide data and it's not updating the software.

One more thing, do you turn off your receiver at night? Receiver needs to be turned off for the guide to update.

L4.34 for the 211 is in wide release now. If you don't have L4.34 in your System Info screen, just turn off the 211 and it will download. If you leave the TV on, you can watch the download progress.

techportal said:
10/29/2007: 1523 Software Version L4.34 for ViP 211/DISH 411

software version L4.34 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.33 and L4.34 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

I've had the same issue with my 211 since I signed up back in Feb. It asks for the guide to be downloaded no matter what software version I've had and no matter what time I tell it to download. I also leave it turned off when not in use (which is most of the time). I'm only mildly complaining because it is my secondary receiver and I don't watch it all that often. I've never had this problem with my downstairs 622.

I have done the following: reboot, unplugged, and check switch and still have software L431 and the guide issue. Maybe the newest software, when it downloads, can fix something.

L4.31 and L4.34 are still current but I can't remember which one changed the Signal Strength meter.

What do you have on TP19 for 119? That's where the 44 hr. guide downloads from.