211k false LNB drift

bentjm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I have three 211k receivers connected to a SW34 switch. One of the receivers is seeing a +150 drift on the 129 LNB - this causes many of my HD channels to show total signal loss. The other two show no LNB drift. I have physically replaced the LNB. I have physically swapped the "bad" receiver with one of the "good" receivers. I did a check switch on both and a sys info. Nothing changed. The "bad" receiver still showed the +150 drift and the "good" receiver showed zero drift. I would think that would rule out the LNB, the wiring, and the switch.

Can a receiver flake out and behave this way? Is my only option to replace the receiver - it is purchased?

I have three 211k receivers connected to a SW34 switch. One of the receivers is seeing a +150 drift on the 129 LNB - this causes many of my HD channels to show total signal loss. The other two show no LNB drift. I have physically replaced the LNB. I have physically swapped the "bad" receiver with one of the "good" receivers. I did a check switch on both and a sys info. Nothing changed. The "bad" receiver still showed the +150 drift and the "good" receiver showed zero drift. I would think that would rule out the LNB, the wiring, and the switch.

Can a receiver flake out and behave this way? Is my only option to replace the receiver - it is purchased?
Seeing the problem is following the receiver that is a pretty good indication the problem is in the receiver. I don't have a 211 but I don't think it can even show a +150 drift. Time to get the protection plan and replace that owned receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)