211k hard drive add on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
i was wondering does the 211k receiver . after you add the hard drive. does it let you record a show and let you wacth a different one at same time or not. anyone know? thinking about added the hard drive feature

Yes. The 211 has one sat tuner and 1 OTA so its possible to record 2 things and watch a third.

Curious to know how you do that. My understanding is this: Without any OTA connected, you must watch and record the same thing. The 211 series has a single built-in tuner, so you watch and record the same thing. If you add an OTA, you do have the ability to record one thing and watch something else, a maximum of 2 things, not 3.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to know, as I am not familiar with a 211 setup with both OTA and a EHD connected. The EHD doesn't add a tuner.

Curious to know how you do that. My understanding is this: Without any OTA connected, you must watch and record the same thing. The 211 series has a single built-in tuner, so you watch and record the same thing. If you add an OTA, you do have the ability to record one thing and watch something else, a maximum of 2 things, not 3.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to know, as I am not familiar with a 211 setup with both OTA and a EHD connected. The EHD doesn't add a tuner.

I should have said watch a previously recorded show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)