211k Hookup Diagram...So

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
Take a look at my crude drawing and tell me if this will work?

I understand that I will be getting the same programming on BOTH TV's (if possible anyway) and I need to know if this setup will work.

Can the 211k output to 2 sets simultaneously using two different connections, in this case, HDMI to set one and coax to set two?
from TV2 to my "Ext" connection would I use? A plain 'ol 5-1000Mhz type? This is just a coax connection that is on the side of the camper for hooking up a TV outside.

Also, can the 211k accept CATV from the "antenna in" and pass it through in "off air" mode so that I can use the TV's tuner for the CATV tuning if needed?

I just want the ability t be able to utilize two different sources when I am traveling and hooked into a park that has cable TV available when I can't use my satellite.

Thanx in advance!

Bud

Attachments

• Hookup.jpg
    Hookup.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 139
Take a look at my crude drawing and tell me if this will work?

I understand that I will be getting the same programming on BOTH TV's (if possible anyway) and I need to know if this setup will work.

Can the 211k output to 2 sets simultaneously using two different connections, in this case, HDMI to set one and coax to set two?
from TV2 to my "Ext" connection would I use? A plain 'ol 5-1000Mhz type? This is just a coax connection that is on the side of the camper for hooking up a TV outside.

Also, can the 211k accept CATV from the "antenna in" and pass it through in "off air" mode so that I can use the TV's tuner for the CATV tuning if needed?

I just want the ability t be able to utilize two different sources when I am traveling and hooked into a park that has cable TV available when I can't use my satellite.

Thanx in advance!

Bud

All outputs are always hot. The OTA signal is not passed through the 211k. The rf out on the 211k is just regular coax, RG6/RG9 for channel 3/4 analog.

My suggestion would be to connect the 211k to tv2 with the RCA connections (Yellow-white-red) unless TV2 is HD then use the component connections. Use a splitter to split the antenna to both the 211k and the TV2. Just swap the coax from the antenna or cable at the splitter to switch. This avoids trying to mix signals from the antenna/cable with the output of the 211k rf out. The 211k will not know what to do with the signal from a cable outlet at the antenna input. Or just use a barrel connector and connect the coax to TV2 directly to an antenna/cable connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)