211K W/EHD OFF FOR WINTER

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
We have a 622 in the house and a 211K with EHD attached to the TV in our gazebo. If we drop service on the 211 for the winter would we have to pay the activation fee again for the EHD when we restart service for the 211 in the spring? DIRT?

We have a 622 in the house and a 211K with EHD attached to the TV in our gazebo. If we drop service on the 211 for the winter would we have to pay the activation fee again for the EHD when we restart service for the 211 in the spring? DIRT?

By drop service do you mean deactivate the 211? If so then no. The tag for EHD will be on the account for the life of the account.

Just for my education. If the 211 is deactivated, must it be returned to Dish and will the customer be charged the shipping fee?

By drop service do you mean deactivate the 211? If so then no. The tag for EHD will be on the account for the life of the account.

Not if the sub owns the 211.... If they don't and they want to deactivate and must return the receiver there is no cost because the account is still open.

Just for my education. If the 211 is deactivated, must it be returned to Dish and will the customer be charged the shipping fee?

If it is leased it would need to be returned and there would be no cost for the shipping since the account is still active. It is purchased you can deactivated when ever you'd like.

Sounds like a snowbird or dish pause would be a good option if they are still available.

and wouldnt it extend the contract too?

Maybe it would be better for the customer to just eat the $7 a month cost for 4-5 months...probably would be cheaper in the long run

Just thought of something - I'm planning on buying a 211k for an additional TV I now have. Didn't think about it, but does this mean that I'd have to restart my 2 year contract to add the receiver? Or is this more equivelent to cell phones - where once you own the item, there is no contract for subsidizing purposes?

Read the comment about DIU (not sure what that even stands for) and now it's got me wondering. I want a new receiver, but not sure I need another contract just to watch TV in the basement.

Edit - figured out the dish'n it up thing. Found a contact online, and it appears that it doesn't affect the contract (but that was some goofy ATT/Dish contract, so I don't know if there were any subtle differences)

So I'd still like to know if I activate an owned receiver, would I renew my contract. I guess at the same time, I'd probably deactivate mine during the summer when I'm nto home as much. Winter = TV time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts