22 kHz Switch & Antenna Settings & new Stab HH120 Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
After weeks of bitter below zero weather, we finally got a break today when it went up to zero degrees. Got up on the roof and installed new 22 kHz switch in series with L and C outputs of Invacom LNB and placed new HH 120 Motor onto the 1 meter dish but with same results as before, - nothing. Trying for my south sat Intelsat 5 97.0W. Even used a Compass to get South, set dish Elevation to 22.7, and HH 120 Motor Latitude to 49.9. But extremely frustrating - Not even a peep from the motor when powered by the ViewSat Receiver.

My question is in Antenna Setup does the 22 kHz setting have to be set to ON? Other settings: LNB Power - ON, LNB Type - Standard, LNB Freq 10750, Motor - USALS, Search Option - ALL, Legacy Switch - NONE, 22kHz - OFF - should this be ON since I have a 22 kHz switch in series with the Invacom LNB?

Any replies would be appreciated.

If your C outputs go into the '22k on' port on your switch, setup the circular sats with that option on. If the L outputs go into the '22k on' port, setup linear sats with 22k on.

Make sure you hook it up this way:

Invacom LNB -> 22k switch -> motor -> receiver

22 kHz Switch & Antenna Settings and new Stab HH120 Motor

After weeks of bitter below zero weather, we finally got a break today when it went up to zero degrees. Got up on the roof and installed new 22 kHz switch in series with L and C outputs of Invacom LNB and placed new HH 120 Motor onto the 1 meter dish but with same results as before, - nothing. Trying for my south sat Intelsat 5 97.0W. Even used a Compass to get South, set dish Elevation to 22.7, and HH 120 Motor Latitude to 49.9. But extremely frustrating - Not even a peep from the motor when powered by the ViewSat Receiver.

My question is in Antenna Setup does the 22 kHz setting have to be set to ON? Other settings: LNB Power - ON, LNB Type - Standard, LNB Freq 10750, Motor - USALS, Search Option - ALL, Legacy Switch - NONE, 22kHz - OFF - should this be ON since I have a 22 kHz switch in series with the Invacom LNB?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks for your reply Tron. I wired BOTH the C and L outputs (one side) of the Invacom LNB into the 22 kHz switch. Set the LNB Freq to 10750 for sat 97. But what do I set the 22kHz Antenna Settings for Intelsat 5 97.0W on the ViewSat, - ON or Off or does it matter?

where are youi located? Just want to make sure the motor elevation is right
49.9 latitude means you're pretty far north in Canada (Manitoba)

Thanks for your reply Tron. I wired BOTH the C and L outputs (one side) of the Invacom LNB into the 22 kHz switch. Set the LNB Freq to 10750 for sat 97. But what do I set the 22kHz Antenna Settings for Intelsat 5 97.0W on the ViewSat, - ON or Off or does it matter?
It depends on which side of the 22 kHz switch you have hooked to the L port on the Invacom.

If it's the "on" side then you'll have to go to the receiver menu and tell that satellite to have 22 kHz "on".

If it's the "off" side then you do the same thing and turn the 22 kHz "off".

where are youi located? Just want to make sure the motor elevation is right
49.9 latitude means you're pretty far north in Canada (Manitoba)

Thanks Iceberg, I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. According to the Stab Web page and satcalculator.freehostia: Motor Latitude = 49.9 and dish elevation for HH120 = 22.7

So this is what I set the Dish and Motor for with zero results so far. The troubling thing is why there is absolutely No response from the motor! At least with the SG2100 motor I traded in for HH120, you could see the Green power lite, but with the Stab there is absolutely no indication of Power On or Off. Guess next step may be to go up on slippery roof with small TV and ViewSat?? Also 22 kHz switch setting in Viewsat Antenna setup, should it be On or Off for Intelsat 5 97.0W which should be my due south satellite? (I'm Using LNB freq of 10750).

after reading your post about it being cold, I realized you were in the northern area :)

so yes latitude would be the same on motor as your latitude

The 22k switch I would put the L side on 0k and C side on 22k. That makes it easier :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)