22 KHZ switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TGBlackheart

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Houston Tx
I have a guy that is trying to tell me we gave him the wrong type of 22KHz switch.

The switch has the words "22 KHz Pulse Control Switch" on the label. BTW the manufacturer states on the product description it is a 22 KHz tone switch.

He states we sent him the wrong type of switch. He states he absolutely has to have a "22KHz Tone Burst Switch"

It was always my understanding that a 22 KHz switch is the same. I have seen 22 KHz switches called many things like:

22 KHz multi-switch
22 KHz switch
22 KHz Toner switch
22 KHZ Generator
22 KHz Tone Control switch
etc...

Just to clarify, these are all just different words to describe the same thing, a 22 KHz switch? Right?

Thanks in advance :)

It was always my understanding that a 22 KHz switch is the same.
I have seen 22 KHz switches called many things like:

. . .
Just to clarify, these are all just different words to describe the same thing, a 22 KHz switch? Right?
22 KHz multi-switch
- a 4x4 or 4x8 multiswitch uses 22khz solid tone for part of its switching but to answer your question: NO
22 KHz switch
- that's a good name for one
22 KHz Toner switch
- haven't seen that term used, but sounds okay, expecially if you mean: 22khz tone switch
22 KHZ Generator
- no, this is a tool to inject the 22khz into a coax for testing purposes
22 KHz Tone Control switch
- yea, sounds good.

Now, diseqc switches are based on sending pulses of 22khz tone down the cable to effect switching.
However, they are properly called diseqc switches, not any sort of 22khz switches.
See the Switches Simplified thread in the FTA FAQ section for a basic education on switches.

I have a guy that is trying to tell me we gave him the wrong type of 22KHz switch.

The switch has the words "22 KHz Pulse Control Switch" on the label. BTW the manufacturer states on the product description it is a 22 KHz tone switch.

He states we sent him the wrong type of switch. He states he absolutely has to have a "22KHz Tone Burst Switch"

---cut---

Hi TGBlackheart and the group, that is the same switch that came with my FTA kit. Just hooked it up last weekend and it is working fine with my Mercury II and two different LNBs on two dishes. I had to switch the tone on for one dish and off for the other with everything else off or none.

Maybe another way to sort this out would be to find out what the person with the switch is trying to do and what receiver they have and go from there.

Later, DC

A tone-burst switch is something different than a 0/22kHz switch or a normal diseqc switch. You might see them called "tone-burst A/B", "mini-diseqc", "2x1 diseqc", or "SA/SB", though unfortunately those names often refer to normal diseqc switches.

The cool thing about this kind of switch is that it's possible (in theory) to use them in the same system with 0/22kHz and 4x1 switches. In practice, I suspect that they will get confused by the other switching methods and/or block tones from passing through. If I could find someone who sells them, I would love to buy one to experiment with.

Edit: The manual for the software that comes with Twinhan cards calls them "simple diseqc". See the attached image. I looked at the manuals for a bunch of standalone receivers and couldn't find a similar option in any of them. If they work with these switches at all, I'm guessing they control the tone burst with either the 22kHz or the normal diseqc switch setting.

Attachments

• simple.jpg
    simple.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
A "22KHz Tone Burst Switch" usually refers to a DiSEqC 1.0 or 2.0 switch.

A "
0/22KHz Pulse Control Switch" usually refers to a 0/22KHz A/B switch.

Attachments

• bus_spec.pdf
    372.5 KB · Views: 502
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)