222k sleep mode

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've tried everything I can think of to automatically wake up a 222 after it takes it's mandatory update every night - and nothing works. I read that an Auto Tune Timer would do it, but so far no luck. It seems that the update doesn't really occur on the time specified, but happens maybe 30 or 60 minutes after (?). I actually created nine timers per tuner, scheduled 10 minutes apart to occur after the update (the last one happening 90 minutes after the alleged update time) and it STILL won't turn back on. Any ideas?

Hey Zandar, I think I can help you. If you look at page 82 of the Dish Network 222k manual (not page 81 like the manual index suggests) you'll find a line under "Scheduling Receiver Updates" that says "Note: This feature does not interfere with any scheduled timers.." It MAY BE that the receiver is checking for timers before beginning the update, and it sees your timer at 3:10AM so then it delays the update until a later time, because it knows the update will take at least 15 or 20 minutes or so, and it doesn't want to interfere with your 3:10AM timer. Adding another timer at 3:20AM, 3:30AM, etc. just might be pushing back the update time further into the future.

Try setting just one timer at 4:00AM or 4:30AM and see if that works. Then work your way backwards if you don't want it off for that long.

Wow, thanks, that's a great idea! I never noticed that until now. I'll try that and let you know how it works out. Maybe I should look for info on HOW LONG these updates take. Or more importantly, how long does the 222k THINK the updates take - that is to say, how long into the future does the 222 look for timers, when trying to avoid interrupting a scheduled timer.

Thanks man, that worked! I set a timer 2 hours after the update. Now I'll try 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes.

There's a first...ZanderKoad talking to himself, answering his own questions and solving his own problems.

Should I mark this whole thread as "Best Answer"? :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Heh, I couldn't resist. By the way, the update won't occur if there is a timer 30 minutes in the future, but it will occur if there is a timer 35 minutes in the future.

Reactions: TheKrell
My reply mysteriously (to me anyway) disappeared from the thread.
I think you replied to another thread in another place... Your post is still there. ;)

Oh, and the update itself takes well under 10 minutes. Or maybe it didn't really do an update, it just checked for an update? Either way, the 222 won't update if a timer is 30-34 minutes from the time of the scheduled update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)