22khz switch problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I am toying with a 22khz switch, Chiefta brand. It seems to hang when swapping back and forth and I have to turn off the reciever and back on for everything to get kosher.

Is this a bad switch? or does my reciever not know how to properly handle the switch?

I assume you have it set up properly in your reicevers setup

dish with 22k side needs to be set to "22k" or "ON"...the other is set to off or "0K"

I have an unknown cheapo ebay LNB, I have it set up as a standard, 10700 but I just got a Sadoun standard LNB to replace it with. Do you think that is what's causing my problem??

I also got an Invacom quad today as well, that thing is HUGE! Now I await my motor. ;)

edit: The switch says "Toneburst" on it, does that change any way the switch operates?

Last edited:
If it is a Universal that you had, you can't use it with a 22k switch since the LNB has one built in. It will work with standard LNB's

LO for standard is 10750 :)

If you are using the Standard Sadoun LNBF that will not be the problem. I am sure its just a typo but the L.O. should be 10750

Same with the linear side of your NEW Invacom (10750)

PSB...he has a no name LNB and is changing it to a Sadoun ;)
I have a feeling the no name lNB is a Universal

I'll change it in the morning when I get home... and I'll let you guys know :)

Thanks!

And yes, it was a typo, 10750 :) (Well, I typed what my mind was thinking, but my setup on the dish was right)

Alrighty then.. I replaced the junk LNB with the Invacom

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I gained about 10% signal strength and no longer have that switching problem

I wonder if the LNB was floating freq.?

One definately needs quality equipment.

Now, when that motor gets here, I'm gonna have fun! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)