Strange Diseqc signal loss problem...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harry77

Original poster
May 6, 2006
I have a Pansat 2700a slaved to a 922 4dtv and am having some very strange issues. It is hooked up correctly, I.e. 4dtv powers C and KU on the bigdish, 2700a powers 2 other lnb's on stationary KU dishes, all thru a 4x1 pansat diseqc. Whats strange is that when everything is connected I get major singnal loss on some transponders. If I take the 4dtv out of the picture and let the pansat power everything, it works perfectly. I figured I would try another diseqc (one that I'd used for a long tine with a 330a slaved to a 4dtv, so I know this one works). This switch is a 2x1, so I figured I would only see if I could get my C and KU to work properly with the pansat slave to the 922. When I connect only C band to port 1 it works fine, but as soon as I plug the Ku in and pwer the receivers back up the signal loss returns. My 922 has no receive issues, all C and Ku works fine. The splitters are passive one leg only. What really gets me is that it works great if the Pansat powers everything, but slaved it's like theres some major problem that is causing signal loss on certain transponders. Really frustrating!!!!!1111

Both of my splitters are brand new high frequency with dc blocking on one leg. Even tried to swap the splitters and still the same thing.

Almost seems as if the diseqc switch is being "swamped" with signal due to both the C and Ku LNB's being powered by the 922 all the time.

Good point. With power on two legs all the time it could be confusing the circuitry. I slave my 922 of the FTA so I can have the FTA control the disegc switch and power the LNBs.

Do the lnb's have any problems being slaved to the 922? I know that the FTA receiver will switch between 13/18v and the 4dtv puts out like 19V.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)