22khz switch question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

willie8605

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Oklahoma
Can I use a 22KHz switch between a dish and a 4x1 diseqc?

The setup in question is in the attached pic.

I looked through the switch FAQ and found some info not directly related to this question so I am not 100% sure it will work. I am trying to avoid buying another diseqc switch and my receiver doesn't support 1.1 so I can't just replace the 4x1 with an 8x1 to get around the 22KHz.

:EDIT:
I am asking b/c in the switch FAQ it only shows the 22khz switches being used like multiple LNBs-->2 diseqc switches-->22khz and not how I have it drawn. I have no experience with 22khz switches so this is all new to me :)

Attachments

• dwg1.gif
    dwg1.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 180
alternate switch idea:

You've built a 6-input switch.
With no expansion capability.

Did you want both circular and linear on the QPH-031?
Expensive hardware to tie up and only use half way...
You can only get one or the other the way you have it drawn.

If you get an Ecoda 22khz switch, and another 4x1 diseqc, you can implement this 8-input design.
It does have some limitations, but I don't think you'll run afoul of any of them for what you're doing.

And it even leaves one extra free input for future expansion. - :up

Crap I completely forgot about having 2 outputs from the Invacom (even though I have been planning on using both polarities the whole time :D)

I am going to have to revise this drawing and re-post. This is what I wanted though...find mistakes before I buy everything so I don't waste money!

But if he is using the C side for DirecTV (as it sounds like he is since there is no motor involved) he wouldnt need to worry about it

unless I'm confused

Ice - how can I receive both of the polarities from the QPH-031 if I only have one polarity of the QPH-031 going to the 22khz? In that setup there is only enough room to allow one or the other to even be plugged in at once.

I was thinking more along these lines...basically what is in the switch FAQ

Attachments

• dwg1.gif
    dwg1.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 163
I can't count:

Here's how my post above should have read -
You've built a 5-input switch, to deal with a 6-input problem.

Did you want both circular and linear on the QPH-031?
Expensive hardware to tie up and only use half way...
You can only get one or the other the way you have it drawn.

If you get an Ecoda 22khz switch, and another 4x1 diseqc, you can implement this 8-input design, and use six inputs.
It does have some limitations, but I don't think you'll run afoul of any of them for what you're doing.

And it even leaves two extra free inputs for future expansion. - :up
Your second drawing seems to accomplish what you said you wanted.
At least, so long as there is only the one receiver in the picture (maybe a PCI card), capable of DSS reception.

Ice - how can I receive both of the polarities from the QPH-031 if I only have one polarity of the QPH-031 going to the 22khz? In that setup there is only enough room to allow one or the other to even be plugged in at once.
all 4 ports of the QPH do both polarities...Again only Primestar LNB"s had the separate H & V outputs. Almost all of the LNBF's that have 2 ports (or in the case of the QPH 2 ports for C & 2 for L) both polarities are in it

What you posted in the 2nd pic works fine but the 22k has to be ECODA brand or it wont work

all 4 ports of the QPH do both polarities...

Sadoun has this info for the QPH-031...

• 2x outputs for Circular polarity ( LH & RH )
  • 2x outputs for Linear Polarity ( V & H )
Doesn't this mean I will need to use at least 2 ports to get both circular and linear to one receiver?

Anole - I plan on using this setup with my Twinhan 1020a. So, yes, DSS is in the picture :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)