22khz switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I saw a diagram from dms international that had 8 lnbs' going into 2 4x1 diseqc switches then to 1 22 khz switch. I did a search here which I see there have been quite a few posts about these switches.

I want to see if I have this figured right. It seems a 22khz is basically an automated A/B switch. Is this correcty? If you were to setup 8 lnbs' like I described would the switch basically shut off 4 lnbs' that weren't being used? Then when you select a sat on the other diseqc it turns that set of 4 on and the others off?

Finally it looks like you guys prefer ecoda switches. Is chieta any good? I welcome all opinions and information. Thanks in advance

You seem to understand it, one thing to point out is you can not use universal LNBs after the 22 KHz switches.

Last edited:
So using a Invacom Quad Polar. I would have to set my LNBF to Standard for all the sats? I will be going through a Diseqc switch.

Thanks,
Steve

So using a Invacom Quad Polar. I would have to set my LNBF to Standard for all the sats? I will be going through a Diseqc switch.

Thanks,
Steve

With the Invacom Quad Polar for linear satellites you need the LNB set to standard 10750, for circular satellites you need the LO frequency set to 11250.

You seem to understand it, one thing to point out is you can not use universal LNBs after the 22 KHz switches.

Thanks Qwert, I do remember reading that in one of the search threads except, I thought it said only ecoda switches can be used with them because they can pass diseqc signals. Something to that effect anyway.

Any opinions on switch brand?

Thanks Qwert, I do remember reading that in one of the search threads except, I thought it said only ecoda switches can be used with them because they can pass diseqc signals. Something to that effect anyway.

Most 22khz switches need to come after a DiSEqC switch with the exception of a 22khz ecoda and one another brand.
Bob

From this thread: 22K and diseqc it says that Ecoda switches can pass disec commands, I can see that being useful for motors and other switches.

The reason I believe that universal LNBs can not be used with 22 KHz switches is because they have two bands, a high and a low, how the lnb switches between the two is by a 22 KHz signal which would have problems if you also had a 22 KHz switch.

I like the Heavy Duty Chieta switches, others will add what they feel is the best for your case.

ecoda switches...easiest setups for 8 LNB's
one 22k ecoda with 2 4x1 diseqc switches :)

Last edited:
. It seems a 22khz is basically an automated A/B switch.
Is this correcty?
If you were to setup 8 lnbs' like I described would the switch basically shut off 4 lnbs' that weren't being used?
Then when you select a sat on the other diseqc it turns that set of 4 on and the others off?
As I understand it, the diseqc switches pass power only to the selected LNB.
So, in the greater scheme of things, you are right.
However, to be a nit-picker, I believe only the selected LNB is actually powered.
That in part is to reduce power loading on previous switches and the receiver.

Also, I don't think the cheap ones have all that good an off-channel signal rejection.
So, by powering only the input they want to pass to the output, they can be built cheaper.

Ice:
I knew you were using those but are you limited to the 8 lnbf in that setup as you are if you use 4 22k and one 4 port? My brain just had wild thoughts of more sats without motor :hungry: but I am sure the wild thoughts are blocking good judgement.:D

I think the previous discussion is that you can do more than 8 LNBs but you have to use two 8x1 diseqcs with an ecoda 22k switch. But then your receiver has to support diseqc 1.1 (not so common).

If you want to go with moree than 8 LNB's you would need a 8x1 Diseqc. If your recei ver can do Diseqc 1.1 its easy. If not, then you can do Diseqc 1.2 and set up the motor as "settings" for the switch.

As an example, I have an uncommitted 8x1 switch and have a 4x1 on one port for 11 LNB's total (off T90). Setup is
port 1
port 2
port 3
port 4
port 5
port 6
port 7-1
port 7-2
port 7-3
port 7-4
port 8

The reason port 7 shows that is I have the 4x1 switch on there. I set up the Visionsat as "uncommitted port 7, committed port 1-4" and crazy enough it works :)

Thanks Ice going to have to check out my settings to see what I can do. Have to get my T90 on order and that 6 ft c band bet I can waste 2 or 3 months just trying to figure out how to set everything up.

I have an uncommitted 8x1 switch and have a 4x1 on one port for 11 LNB's total

Do you figure there's any limit on how many 4x1 committed switches you could add (i.e. can you multiply each uncommitted port)?

I have 32 LNBs that I want to run into one receiver... of course I'm dreaming :D

I have 32 LNBs that I want to run into one receiver... of course I'm dreaming :D

I have 19 LNBs running into my Pansat 3500SD, with room on my setup (one 4x1, one 8x1 EMP Centauri, six 22KHz switches) for 3 more, for a total of 22. If I added another EMP Centauri and 22KHz switches I could boost that to 36 (yes, I know I'm already out of control as it is).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts