24 Day 6

tvguideonline reporting friday ``significant'' changes to 24 next season and possibly no CTU. i have a hunch it will all tie in with mondays ``explosive'' ending!

tvguideonline reporting friday ``significant'' changes to 24 next season and possibly no CTU. i have a hunch it will all tie in with mondays ``explosive'' ending!

Yeah, the writers said its tough and they need to do something to refresh it. I love this show and have seen every season, but they are starting to rehash. I think some new scenery will be great, I mean how many times is CTU gonna be compromised :)

The way the previews for the finale sound, I bet he gets away with the kid to China and thatll be next season. Maybe Jack and Doyle in China unless Jack kills doyle :). Doyle's kinda stiff, but he seems like he could be a convincing badass.

I seriously would not make ANY guesses about the finale from the previews. They are always suggestive, and do not always provide us with a clear picture.

Regardless, I am glad to see this season come to a conclusion. AND I really hope that there is some major changes, this season was definitely stale.

Two more days...

FOX has reported renewing 24 for two more years; another 48 episodes.

Zap2it reports:
FOX has renewed its Emmy-winning Monday anchor "24" for at least two more days.

With its sixth season finale approaching next Monday (May 21), "24" now has a seemingly secure spot on FOX's schedule through the 2008-09 season. Not-so-coincidentally, the renewal carries the show through the duration of star Kiefer Sutherland's contract with the show's production company, 20th Century Fox TV.

Another season done :( Don't want to say too much as not everyone has seen it but I was happy with it although I was honestly looking for a bit more of an exciting ending.

Another season done :( Don't want to say too much as not everyone has seen it but I was happy with it although I was honestly looking for a bit more of an exciting ending.

I was not at all impressed with the ending. Neither the resolution of the conflict, or the end with Jack. It was boring. Just anti-climatic. Blah...

Wow, I'm glad I recorded it and watched it later without commercials, since that finale was hardly worth the 84 minutes I wasted watching it, much less the 120 commercial filled minutes.

Did they ever tell us who was behind the President assasination? I remember the two guys they arrested, but wasnt there some "hidden villians" setting up the operation? Speaking of the pres, we never saw him again after his rehospitalization. In fact, a lot of characters were written out of the plot never to be seen again.

Kinda liked the very end with Jack kinda lost. Hated the idea that the Russians would know where the Sub was before us. But I have to agree, probably my least favorite season.

Kinda liked the very end with Jack kinda lost. Hated the idea that the Russians would know where the Sub was before us. But I have to agree, probably my least favorite season.

Of course, can you blame the dude -- he arrives from a Chinese prison in hour 1, sees a nuke go off, kills his brother, watches his dad die, finds out his girl is dead, then alive, but in a drugged-stupor... all in a day.

I concur - my least favorite season.

Of course, can you blame the dude -- he arrives from a Chinese prison in hour 1, sees a nuke go off, kills his brother, watches his dad die, finds out his girl is dead, then alive, but in a drugged-stupor... all in a day.

I concur - my least favorite season.

Yeah, after that Id be self medicating.

I just read the story that iceturkee referred to. It sounds like the producers realize that they have taken the standard 24 plot-line as far as they can.

TV Guide says: "We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He has found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain. Its not a Muslim terrorist. Its not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific. And whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is. Its going to be pretty damn cool."

i don't know about anybody else but i wish tptb had stuck with the original ending to bring a character back from the dead (tony). according to the may 23 ask ausiello, he said the producers flirted with the idea but decided in the end it wasn't going to work!

I avoid reading this thread for 4 months. This season was horrible. About half way thru the season, I just cannot keep watching it anymore so I got like 10 episodes in the DVR. I just finsihed watching all of them last week. All I have to say is, I think next season (if there is one), Jack's new mission would be to take out all the people who were responsible for writing the script for this season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts