24 Hours with DirecTV and here is my review

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You guys kill me. You stand on soapbox and preach to who?
The people who do this aren't here.
Charper is you think Double talk D* is clean of this you are crazy. Where the hell do you think the Refurb HR20 come from. Not the HSP or MSP. Upper management knows full where. The only thing you 300 buys you is the right to use their equipment. You don't own it and if it goes bad they are going to replace it with a refurb. That is D* policy period. Equal blame where equal blame lies.

How much does DirecTV and Dish pay per install to the contract company vs what the company passes along to the person they hire to do the actual work? I think the BIGGEST part of the problem lies here; between the contract company and THEIR hired employee.

Don't know about Dish but we get a little less than half. If you want a raise, become a hack and pump out jobs. Our management worships the guys that pump out the work. And what do you get for quality work? Home late, smaller checks, repeat TCs from hacks, and maybe once or twice a year a kudos letter that hangs in a dark corner. I almost forgot personal satisfaction of a job well done.

You guys kill me. You stand on soapbox and preach to who?
The people who do this aren't here.
Charper is you think Double talk D* is clean of this you are crazy. Where the hell do you think the Refurb HR20 come from. Not the HSP or MSP. Upper management knows full where. The only thing you 300 buys you is the right to use their equipment. You don't own it and if it goes bad they are going to replace it with a refurb. That is D* policy period. Equal blame where equal blame lies.

For the 100th time I have NEVER said any of the DBS providers are clean although I bet likely less than 50% of the issue (note I am talking about install quality and such not the issue of refurbs or not), but on the flip you guys think they (DBS cos)are 110% of the issue. You guys preach just as much, but just on the opposite side.

Last edited:
ATP thanks for the update. That totally sucks.. That was one feature that I liked about dish, and the usb hard drive support in conjuction with the recivers hard drive. Is there any way to transfer programs from one to another?

Well, that is quite a bummer... the hardware for cable lets you integrate the harddisk with the internal one and E* lets you use those USB drives. Is D* planning changes to how the externald disk will be used in the future or is there any rumors about the possibility of USB drive support?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts