24 inch dish install

There's no such thing as a Samsung Voom box, only Motorola. With the new software, the ss now goes to 100, the old software was lucky to hit 60.

yes, motorola!!!

So may be i don't have the latest software.

How do i get that ? Should i call Voom or is it downloaded everynight ?

Leave your box off overnight, you can also go into the menu and if you get a warning message that you can screw things up by going in there, you have the latest software, otherwise there is a screen in there that tells you the pending download rev. The latest version is 5.68.

Are you guys really getting dishes larger than 18"??

Not that I doubt you. But I am getting installed this Friday, and after reading these posts I called Installs, Inc (special VOOM line) and asked if the installer could come prepared with a larger dish in case it is necessary at my site. The CSR told me in no uncertain terms that there is NO larger dish, NOBODY is getting a larger dish, that's all a rumor out there, and she asked "Where did you hear about that? At some chat room or something?" :mad:

So, I may not need it. But "who do ya call" to ask for a larger dish??

Thanks,

1080iWannabe said:
Are you guys really getting dishes larger than 18"??

Not that I doubt you. But I am getting installed this Friday, and after reading these posts I called Installs, Inc (special VOOM line) and asked if the installer could come prepared with a larger dish in case it is necessary at my site. The CSR told me in no uncertain terms that there is NO larger dish, NOBODY is getting a larger dish, that's all a rumor out there, and she asked "Where did you hear about that? At some chat room or something?" :mad:

So, I may not need it. But "who do ya call" to ask for a larger dish??

Thanks,
I think you will need to let them install the 18" dish and then contact voom not installs inc if you have rain fade issues.

Well - I got an Email stating that Voom had OK'd my upgrade to 24" and to contact the installer. Today he shows up and says "OK let's install it - where is it?". Voom had lost the order and never shipped the dish - he figured I had it. ARGHHHHHHHHH

E-mailed voom about me paying extra for a 24" dish and got this reply...
Response (VOOM Customer Care) - 05/24/2004 06:52 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
I apologize, but the only size of dish available is our 18 inch dish.
Due to the higher level of technology we employ and proprietary nature
of our service, in order to get VOOM you would need to use our
equipment. If you have any further questions please give us a call at
1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Tyler Lucas
VOOM Customer Care

Hummmm....
And they expect me to beleve that?

kc7oda said:
I ordered a 30" dish from a dealer to replace the 18" dish that they
installed here in Oregon. My signal level went from a 40 to 97. I still
get rain fade but not as bad. My dish is almost pointing towards the
ground in order to receive the low angle signal from Voom. I can not
believe that Voom only installs 18" dishes in this area and did not know
that they would replace it until I found this site. I love the programming
on Voom but am very unhappy about the OTH mapping. Been fighting
for over two months to get it correct for this area and again, did not
know about this site. They keep telling me that the new soft ware
will be out shortly and that should solve most of the problems for all.
Sure hope they add USA Network soon as I really miss that lineup.
This is a GREAT site so please keep up the good work. Lots of info.
Terry

Terry what part of Oregon are you in?

I currently have a 20" dish, and I haven't had any problems with rain. I actually have over 90% quality. The installer was amazed at the signal that I got. I live in the suburbs outside of Columbus, OH. I'm not sure how many of you have heard, but I ran across an interesting article.
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/44085
According to the article all VOOM subscribers will need to have a 35" dish, due to a new deal to lease satellite capacity from SES Americom. The article didn't sound to upbeat about the chances for VOOM to succeed. As you most probably know that there are many financial problems with the company. I hope that they stay afloat, because once you have the system you don't want to lose it. I can't wait until the HD DVR comes out this year. Does anyone else have some news about the future of the company?

Seems to me that if Mr. Dolan is going to leave Cablevision to take over controll of Voom when its farmed out, they must have some fairly good idea it will last awhile yet. However, this probably isn't the forum to discuss this point ;)

I live in Virginia Beach and just had my 24" dish installed my signal strenth use to be around 88% it now is 96 to 98% it rained realy hard last night and I did not loose my signal at all.

Looking for some input

:cool: I want to see if their is away to become a VOOM retailer. Has anyone attempted to persue this avenue. Any results. I don't know much about the company but the research I have done has indicated there are some very satisfied folks out there. It is great that this Forum deals with some of the real issues. Just like wine, satellite technology gets better with age. Please reply if you have any info. on Voom retailing experience :smug

i got voom installed thursday ss at 45 when i have wind my picture drops out its annoying :no

waynet said:
:cool: I want to see if their is away to become a VOOM retailer. Has anyone attempted to persue this avenue. Any results. I don't know much about the company but the research I have done has indicated there are some very satisfied folks out there. It is great that this Forum deals with some of the real issues. Just like wine, satellite technology gets better with age. Please reply if you have any info. on Voom retailing experience :smug

Did you try their voom site?

jrM said:
i got voom installed thursday ss at 45 when i have wind my picture drops out its annoying :no

Jrm 45 is not a great signal... You probably need to have a service call to repeak satellite. Most people have been getting greater than 50 for satellite quality on old software. Turn off your stb at night so that you can get the new software but you still need repeaking. Put a service call.

Had my upgrade 24" dish installed and now have a signal strength of 97~98. We've had lot's of rain here in Dallas during June and even now into July so I'm hoping this cuts down on my rain fade and signal loss substantially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts