25k Gardiner still good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Hello again...was looking at my Chaparral feed horn and the c-band part is a 25k Gardiner...was wanting to know if this is still good for today's fta reception or should I consider a newer one titanium c1-pll ?

Hello again...was looking at my Chaparral feed horn and the c-band part is a 25k Gardiner...was wanting to know if this is still good for today's fta reception or should I consider a newer one titanium c1-pll ?

If you don't have a dual feed where one can be placed horizontal and the other vertical, you will only have one polarity if you don't have a way to drive a polarotor. I'm getting a pretty good collection of LNB's. Each time I pick up another C-Band dish, I add another one to the collection. I even have a few older LNBF's, some with voltage switching, some with the pulse wire. Still work like a champ.

If you don't have a dual feed where one can be placed horizontal and the other vertical, you will only have one polarity if you don't have a way to drive a polarotor. I'm getting a pretty good collection of LNB's. Each time I pick up another C-Band dish, I add another one to the collection. I even have a few older LNBF's, some with voltage switching, some with the pulse wire. Still work like a champ.
yeah I have a dual feed...will need to get a new polarator {little blue box} to change the polarity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)