2700 with TWIN lnb.. it doesn't work, but it is not dishPRO

funperro

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
I'm dealing with a frustrating problem right now. My 2700 works perfectly when hooked up to a plain ol single LNB... but can't get it to work with a twin LNB setup. First, I bought a twin lnb on ebay... and it was a dishpro twin LNB, so, obviously it didn't work (I guess I learned the hard way.. a 2700 will not work with a dishpro twin lnb). Fast forward a week later and I have sold the old one and bought a legacy twinLNB. This should work with a 2700.. but when I go to 'check switch' it says 'UNKNOWN switch'. I have seen a few suggested remedies for this such as first doing a 'check switch' while the twin is disconnected, then connect the twin and do another 'check switch'. This did nothing. I also heard that poor quality cable could be a problem (which I kinda believe I have). So then I just brought the twinlnb in the house, and connected it to the receiver with a short 6 footer of good quality RG-6 cable. Still nothing.

So my questions are: 1) can I detect a switch if it is not receiving a sat signal.. or do I need to have the dish properly pointed?
2) Can anyone suggest another method to get my 2700 to detect this twinlnb? What is wrong?

Any help is truly appreciated!

Thanks..

of course there is the chance that it is a bad LNB, but all I have is this one LNB to test. I'm gonna see if I can get ahold of another twin or IRD to test this idea.. but who knows? I'm hoping I can find that it is actually a
different problem! :(

Any other ideas?

You must have a signal from 110 & 119 for the receiver to detect the built in switch. Do you have a Dish 500 or a Dish 300?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)