279 Discovery Health

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 1980's Lifetime was originally called the "Cable health Network"
I wish Lifetime would go back to Cable Health Network. Man, the Mrs. really DVRs some crap from those channels.

On page 21 of the latest bloomberg businessweek magazine, it appears that Directtv is refusing to pay for the latest fee increase for the oprah winfrey network that is launching on january 1st, replacing discovery health.

directtv is currently paying 7 cents per subscriber, discovery wants 21 cents per subscriber for the channel, which directtv is refusing to pay and will let its current contract with discovery run out (has two years left) and go from there.

Discovery is predicting that the channel will cost a lot more in two years once it is succesful

Then Oprah should give everyone being forced to pay for her new channel a new car, perhaps one of her "favorites". She has the scratch. I'd rather watch 24 hours of births than one minute of Oprah approved programing. I guess I'm in the minority.

She has the scratch, I wonder why the Oprah Channel isn't in HD ?

Even if I had any interest in watching OprahTV I'd be turned off by it not being in HD.

Discovery Health was renamed OWN.....Discovery owns 1/2 and she owns 1/2 of the channel

D* didnt do anything. It was a name change like when Discovery Kids changed to "The Hub"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)