Any plans for ID (Investigation Discovery) in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

0pusX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
St. Joseph, MI
I've recently taken a liking to this channel and it is available in HD (DISH has it) and they advertise now available in HD.

Any word on if DirecTV will get it?

Sadly Directv hasn't added much of anything in HD for a year or so. One or two channels but not much.

They've added a couple 3D channels, but nothing in good ol' HD lately.

You can go somewhere else and vote in a poll, but I doubt it will do much they ran the same poll last year and you can see how much new HD was added because of it.

I would love to see DIRECTV add some new HD, how long now have people been begging for channels like BBC America, E! and Outdoor Channel HD for YEARS now. They have the space maybe its time to give them what they want.

Scott I agree... There is only one person to blame why no HD has been added. His name is Mike White. The guy is (sad to say never thought this could ever happen) cheaper than charlie! LOL If both satellite company's don't get their act together, In another year I'll be doing a Bob Haller and zinging to com-cast which provides just about everything in HD. (my area is all digital) The problem with dish is HD RSN's. You never know what game your gonna get, and you never get the programming you pay for in HD. Until that situation is resolved, I will never be a dish customer again and I know of many whom think the same way I do. Directv has an opportunity to provide everything. If they picked up a good amount of HD movies and National HD channels, I would drop my comcast sub in a heart beat. I want to get off of paying two providers for the same programming but its the only way to truly get everything

DirecTV has taking some sort of permanent vacation when it comes to adding more HD. While Investigation Discovery is not my top choice for a new add, I would surely welcome it with open arms if it was added. There's a whole boatload of HD missing, and I don't think I need to rehash all of the channels again and again (there are other threads here, and at other sites where this is hashed out ad nauseam).

When my DirecTV contract is up, I'm going with our local cable company. Our area is covered by Service Electric Cablevision. They are a smaller company with about 267,000 subscribers in parts of PA and NJ. They are number 12 on the Cable companies MSO list. Not even a big company but they have more worthwile HD than giant DirecTV. Can you believe it! David always beats Goliath. I guess they are so small that they are agile and quick to upgrade. Like Comcast, they too are going the digital DTA route for anything over basic service. Next week they get BBC America and Fox Movies in HD. Must be freaking nice. Too bad my money is tied up in other important things than to blow it on ending a DirecTV contract.

That's pretty good I hadn't heard that Fox Movie Channel had started broadcasting in HD. Last I heard, a few days ago, in was coming soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)