$299 PS3 on January 28th

I received the 20% off coupon in the mail yesterday and wondered if it could be used for the PS3. I guess we'll find out when the coupon is valid on the 25th...

The coupon is no good on video game hardware...I went into the store and asked the last time they sent those out, which was Jan. 11th.

The coupon is no good on video game hardware...I went into the store and asked the last time they sent those out, which was Jan. 11th.

There are people already reporting that they got it to work today, with a little persistance.

Some people simply got a cashier who didn't feel like being bothered, and they rang it up anyhow.

Some had to haggle with the managers, and some gave in; as the fine print does not exclude PS3s.

Looks like this was just a rumor, since everyone is still selling them for $399....

Yes, unless we get a late day announcement. But I highly doubt it, when I was at Target yesterday, the had a Big Red "as advertised" tag; although there was no actual reduction in price, it said "1/27-2/2". So it looks like $399 is still the price for the moment.

Yes, unless we get a late day announcement. But I highly doubt it, when I was at Target yesterday, the had a Big Red "as advertised" tag; although there was no actual reduction in price, it said "1/27-2/2". So it looks like $399 is still the price for the moment.

IF there were to be such a huge markdown on the PS3, one, it would've been in all the Sunday newspaper retailer flyers, and two, I don't think it would've started on a Monday. It would've ran Sunday-Saturday (like the flyers) or started on a Tuesday (new release date) or a Friday (for the weekend).

WHy not take their money? I paid it off online before the first bill ever even arrived.:rolleyes:

Well for me its not worth it applying for one, mainly because it affects your credit score, too much credit is not always good :)
I pay down my credit cards balance to 0 every month, I never carried a balance to the next month and never plan on doing it, always paid my credit card to bring it to a 0 balance a week or two after my purchase, spend what you have.
Usually I have money to just use my debit card and pay for everything, the reason I use my credit card is so I keep building up my credit score, other than that, I have no real use for it.

Well for me its not worth it applying for one, mainly because it affects your credit score, too much credit is not always good :)
I pay down my credit cards balance to 0 every month, I never carried a balance to the next month and never plan on doing it, always paid my credit card to bring it to a 0 balance a week or two after my purchase, spend what you have.
Usually I have money to just use my debit card and pay for everything, the reason I use my credit card is so I keep building up my credit score, other than that, I have no real use for it.

I wish I had that attitude when I was 19... would have saved me a lot of headaches later in life...

Credit cards aren't bad, as mentioned they help build credit (as long as you pay them). I also get a ton of free stuff from the points I receive from my credit cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts