2nd 622 in 6 months. What to do?

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2008
So, for the second time in half a year, my DVR has decided to stop communicating with my television. Several HDMI cables still work with the DVD player. Both times, I'm assuming the HDMI contact on the DVR is malfunctioning.

I'm going to miss out on New Year's Day HD - bowl games, NHL winter classic - (as the earliest the replacement might get here is Saturday).

I'm a bit fed up with this happening once more. Part of me feels like I should ask for some money off of my next bill because I'm not getting the programming I pay for.

Any thoughts? Wisdom? Shoulders to cry on?

I'll still be able to watch on my second tv. The main receiver broadcasts a second signal to a 10 year old 27" Zenith. Relatively good picture for an old set. I'd rather watch in HD, but oh well. Thanks!

Hi

I just got off the phone after getting them to send my my second 622 in a week.
I had the first one for about 5 months after getting my new HD TV and it quit working a couple of weeks ago.

The new one didn't work right straight out of the box.

After being on for a random length of time the picture freezes up and then the only way to get it to work is to reset it and go through the whole process again.

It does this 4 or 5 times a day a least.

I hope the new one works.

Mike

Mike,

Any time, from here on out, I'm feeling like I'm having a bad viewing experience with Dish, I will think of your plight. I don't envy your situation and hope it is resolved soon!

Thanks for the reply..

Doesn't your TV have component inputs? If you use Comonent cables while waiting for your new box, you'll still have HD.

Shoulders to cry on?

I'm on 622 #6 since October and according to the latest conversation with Dish CSR Monday- they have another on the way to me.

I did the Dish in it up deal on the 22nd this month after 622 #6 failed. I also ordered the OTA module. After worrying about not receiving it in 8 days, I decided to call and discover they changed their mind and decided to just send another POS refurb on the Dish in it up deal. I accused them of Bait and switch tactics and they said once the latest 622 #7 arrives to give them a call to see if I can get this bait and switch resolved. Asked me not to contact ceo@ dishnetwork until they have a chance to fix up the mix up.

So tell me folks, how many times do I need to play their game? I will be at the DishNetwork booth next week at CES and they better have a good solution before I leave next week.

Reading threads like this every week, tells me my situation is not unique, but standard operating procedure for their moron CSR's.

Hold that thought. Just reading about HD component cables. Supposedly, the difference between them and HDMI cables are negligible.

Supposedly, the difference between them and HDMI cables are negligible

Depends on your monitor. Component signal transfer has measurable chroma artifacts that are completely absent from digital signal transfer. Whether you can see these depends on the quality of your monitor.

Chain of video quality best to worst:

DVI and HDMI
RGBHV (analog "VGA" )
YUV and YIQ
RGB (component)
Y/C ( SVHS)
Composite ( CVBS)

There are big differences between the lower 3 on the list and subtle differences in the upper 4.

Got a $10 component cable from Wally World. Picture looks fine. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)