2nd 622 on it's way!

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I just ordered a second 622 to replace our 625. Now we will have HD in both our living room and bedroom TVs. :)

I can't wait for external storage to come, and for DVR recorded program sharing between the two.

I asked about the 722, but the Exec CSR told me he didn't know when they were releasing it or for what price.

The 622 is fine, especially with external storage coming. :) I just can't wait until networking between the two comes. I will already be setting up the phone line sharing thing when the new one comes.

Dishdepot.com already has the 722 on its website. I got an email today saying it will be able to ship one on 8/16/07. They have it on sale for 529.99 and they take trade ins towards the price of the 722.

Ouch.

Not sure if it's really worth it just for more VOD space....

I'm considering buying another 622 to replace my soon to be useless 921 or 811...
Hi fellow New Mexican,

So what is the best deal we can get on an owned 921?
I've seen hints of getting an owned 622 and of keeping the disabled 921.
(It would be good for OTA?)
I had DHP on my now unused 501 but not on the bill any more.

-Ken

Hi fellow New Mexican,

So what is the best deal we can get on an owned 921?
I've seen hints of getting an owned 622 and of keeping the disabled 921.
(It would be good for OTA?)
I had DHP on my now unused 501 but not on the bill any more.

-Ken
I'll likely put the 811 in the classifieds, and keep the 921 for SD and what HD is left, waiting till after August 15th to see what comes up though of course, this 921 is less than 2 months old (RMA's) so I might keep for SD and what HD it will get... and then check out the Dishstore.net for the new 622...

Ouch.

Not sure if it's really worth it just for more VOD space....

Me either. I traded in my old 942s and some older dish receivers my friend didn't need or want anymore and got my 2 622 dvrs for the combined price of 800.00 without tax. I don't really think it is worth it when you consider that if you add the external hard drive to the 622 come August 15th or so , you will have the equivalent of the 722 anyway. The only thing the 722 has is that you can record up to 55 hours of hd and 350 on sd and you can get HD videos on demand. So I won't get the hd videos on demand but with the external hard drives I plan to add I will have the same recording time or more if you can add a larger external hard drive.

You can lease a second 622 $149.00 if you qualify. I can't help but wonder why one would want to buy , especially with the return/replace option.

I found the tech people are the last to know about anything. Back in December with distant local channels being deleted when corporate knew about it months before hand, actually over a year before, and *99 code for VOIP phone customers. The stupid agent sent me out a replacement box (not NEW, refurb junk with problems) today instead of telling me about the *99 code for the box to work on my VOIP line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)