2nd CBS Feed on G10R?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rufus_74

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I just noticed a 2nd CBS feed this morning on Galaxy 10R on 11719, although my receiver says its KWWF. Has anybody been able to verify the call letters of this CBS station?
regards,
Raul V. :)

Its KWWF...UPN from Waterloo, IA

Saturdays they show CBS basketball (don't ask me why)

I can guarantee this is KWWF (seen the ID's at the hour)

The why is typically that the local network affiliate chooses to run something more profitable, which frees the network to offer it to other stations in the market. The independent station that picks it up gets a small payment from the network, gets a reason for viewers to remember to tune in now and then, and a few ad slots to boot. (At least that's the way it used to work; someone with better info can correct me.)

And this is all fresh on my mind because I was similarly psyched out a few days ago by WPXS showing the late night Jimmy Kimmel show (ABC). For a while, I was wondering what ABC station had replaced it. :)

KWWF picks up the CBS basketball feed because the CBS affiliate there (KGAN) runs Iowa Hawkeyes basketball, which I suppose is on some type of regional network.

I've seen ABC college basketball games on WPXS, probably for the same reason, that the ABC affiliate in St. Louis has picked up some regional sportscast.

jh98 said:
KWWF picks up the CBS basketball feed because the CBS affiliate there (KGAN) runs Iowa Hawkeyes basketball, which I suppose is on some type of regional network.

I figured it had to do with Iowa basketball, but wasn't sure if it was on CBS.

They do that in Minneapolis. Sometimes they shift ABC college basketball to sister station KSTC (Ind.) to show MN Goofer basketball :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)