2nd dish setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Traken

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
It seems im not able to find 101, I can find about 11 transponders but not enough for the reciever to allow it. Im wondering from some of wht i've seen here, can my dish be the issue, its a dishpro 1000 with just an old school single lnb on it. Is that dish shape the cause of my problem or do I just need to keep aiming?
Thanks all...
:confused:

Yeah they did supply a dish, but I was told by the installer I can have one at a second location (vacation spot). Im just wondering if the shape of the dish (very oval) could be what is giving me a headache. I've been around awhile and dont remember ever running into that but I havent been involved with directv for many years.
Thanks for the reply though...

If that dish is a single satellite dish, then it will only receive the 101 satellite.
You'll need a Dish Network expert to help with this.

Yeah Kjlued thats the idea, its just an old school single lnb not sure anymore if its dish or direct, it does have the 2 conncetions on it but its only one lnb (circular). Thanks for the reply, im just not sure if the oval dish is my prob or not.

Last edited:
Is your home system SWM?

If so, you will need to go in and change the satellite setup to 18" round because if it is set to SWM it mill never pick up all the transponders.
In the signal meters, go to change satellite setup.
For dish type select 18" round.

Also, it might make it easier if the dish1k tilt is set to 90 degrees (level).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)