2nd HD multiswitch? (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VIPERS-PIT

Thread Starter
Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
2,099
0
I have my 1st 8 output multiswitch filled and still need a minimum of 4 outputs for my H10 and 3 receivers that are at my 5th wheel. Do i use a 2nd AT-9 and 72.5 dish? Or can i just use 2 18 inch dishes and a old 8 output multiswitch? What is the easiest way to have 12+ outputs?

Also- I am looking to move my multiswitch inside the house. Maybe into a closet, Is anyone in the area that would be willing to help me with this?
 

doctor J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2005
168
28
AT-9 ; More than 8 outputs

In theory you could use 5 (4 from AT-9 and 1 from 72.5) high freguency splitters and 2 of the new (AT-9 compliant) zinwell 6X8 multiswitches and get 16 outputs.
Put the 4 AT-9 feeds in the same order on the multiswitches. One problems discusses is power drop since these switches are not powered. If you've used solid copper RG-6 wiring which I believe from your other posts you have you should be OK. I've not seen anyone confirm this works on the "new" frequency setup but it worked fine on the old 3LNB systems.
Doctor j
 

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
2,519
0
Richmond,VA
doctor J said:
In theory you could use 5 (4 from AT-9 and 1 from 72.5) high freguency splitters and 2 of the new (AT-9 compliant) zinwell 6X8 multiswitches and get 16 outputs.
Put the 4 AT-9 feeds in the same order on the multiswitches. One problems discusses is power drop since these switches are not powered. If you've used solid copper RG-6 wiring which I believe from your other posts you have you should be OK. I've not seen anyone confirm this works on the "new" frequency setup but it worked fine on the old 3LNB systems.
Doctor j


The splitter have to be 5-3000mhz.
 

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
900
1
Long Island
Eric Goempel said:
I have my 1st 8 output multiswitch filled and still need a minimum of 4 outputs for my H10 and 3 receivers that are at my 5th wheel. Do i use a 2nd AT-9 and 72.5 dish? Or can i just use 2 18 inch dishes and a old 8 output multiswitch? What is the easiest way to have 12+ outputs?

Also- I am looking to move my multiswitch inside the house. Maybe into a closet, Is anyone in the area that would be willing to help me with this?


Eric,

I posted in another thread that a Spaun rep I spoke with yesterday said in 3 weeks they are going to have a multiswitch out that supports the AT9 dish. I am going to assume it will do 12 and/or 16 output as their current multiswitches do. Something to keep an eye out for come April 1st.
 

VIPERS-PIT

Thread Starter
Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
2,099
0
cforrest said:
Eric,

I posted in another thread that a Spaun rep I spoke with yesterday said in 3 weeks they are going to have a multiswitch out that supports the AT9 dish. I am going to assume it will do 12 and/or 16 output as their current multiswitches do. Something to keep an eye out for come April 1st.

Thank you- I will look into that!!
 

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
611
0
Hurricane, WV
cforrest said:
I posted in another thread that a Spaun rep I spoke with yesterday said in 3 weeks they are going to have a multiswitch out that supports the AT9 dish..
But at what price?:eek:

Spaun makes very, very nice multiswitches. And back in the day when they were mechanical, you wanted a Spaun because you could rely on them.

But in today's world of electronic multiswitches, it is hard to justify $500+ (street, MSRP is $799) for a 5x16 when you can get the same result for $175 with two Terks and some splitters.

Now with that being said, if the Spaun is powered like the current 5x16 is, then I will get one. Given the length of some of my runs, I think I need a powered switch. I won't like it, but I will do it.;)

Edit: Would also think Terk would come out with an AT9 compatible multiswitch as well.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top