2nd location?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mtsz52784

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Tonawanda
I have a camp and just bought a 2nd dish so i can set it up there. Is it easier to just bring the reciever back and forth or get another reciever (off ebay) and bring the card back and forth. OR is there an easier way?
Thanks for the help

mtsz52784 said:
I have a camp and just bought a 2nd dish so i can set it up there. Is it easier to just bring the reciever back and forth or get another reciever (off ebay) and bring the card back and forth. OR is there an easier way?
Thanks for the help

You cannot switch cards from one receiver to another, they are "married" to each other. Just get another receiver or bring the one you already have with you.

perfect thanks... i just didnt know if there was an easier way. now ill just bring the 2nd reciever with me every weekend. Thanks

I keep 3 recievers at my camper all the time. To much hassle moving them when D* is giving them away for free!

Stargazer said:
If you tried that with Dish Network they would probably audit you.
I know, that is why I am with D*. Well that and D* gave me 8 recievers free!!!

2nd location install

ok so as i said above i am putting a dish out at my camp... now the only concerns i have is how far i am going to have to put the dish away from the reciever. it will be around 100 to 250 feet away (depending where i can i place it) what rules and advice should i follow. (i.e. grounding, distance and anything else...)Thanks

250 feet will be a issue. Grounding will be an issue. Drive a 8 foot ground rod and use that. you will most likely need a signal bump to send a signal 250 feet.

sorry for the noob question, but if i dont get signal and need a signal "bump" what does that entale. does anybody reccomend a product?
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)