2nd receiver Q

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Have a basic Q. I am ordering a 510 DVR from E* and its going to cost me $5/month for leasing it. What if I buy a 508 receiver. Would they still charge me a $5 'outlet' fee or something? Since 508 shall not have a DVR fee as well, will the install be free for me, just like adding a new receiver and done or do I have to call them to activate it and then they charge me something?
Thanks.

IIRC you'll breakeven on the monthly fees. I don't think either install will be free - but I could be wrong about the 510 lease plan.

Adding a new receiver on self-install is just a phone call - no 'setup' charge that I know of.

What is IIRC? Could not understand you. With 510 I am leasing the receiver and therefore there is a $5 lease charge. But if the receiver is mine(assuming that I buy one), then is there a monthly charge for my 2nd receiver. The first receiver is already mine (301).

mallu2u said:
What is IIRC? Could not understand you. With 510 I am leasing the receiver and therefore there is a $5 lease charge. But if the receiver is mine(assuming that I buy one), then is there a monthly charge for my 2nd receiver. The first receiver is already mine (301).
The 510 should be $5 to lease plus $4.98 DVOD fee, the 508 should be $4.99 to duplicate programming but does not have the DVOD fee. :) :)

Hmm..so even if one buys own receiver, they still make money on 2nd receiver? Wow. In that the only incentive of having your own receiver is that one can sell it later...other than that, your monthly bill still remains the same..

The way the deal i structured the lease payment will take the place of the additional outlet fee when you have more then one receiver. So yeah, you get charged the same regardless of wether you buy the equipment or not.

I'd actually suggest the lease. Their equipment, If something goes wrong it's their problem. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)