2nd receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trailrunner50

Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
wyoming
I'm thinking of adding a 2nd receiver myself in another room. How hard will that be? I currently have a HR20-100 and would like to install the same.

Thanks

What DISH do you have? Is cable already run? How much do you know about satellite system installation? How hard will this be was your question, not knowing the above questions makes it hard to answer.

Since the OP has an HR20 they must have a slimline dish.

You'll need to run 2 more coax cables from the dish to the room you want to add the HD DVR in.

DIRECTV might give you a used HD DVR for free and you'll get locked into another 2 year contract. You can get a new HD DVR for $199. You'll know you're getting a new one, even though it's a leased one. You'll still have the 2 year contract extension for activating new equipment.

The physical installation should be no problem. I was thinking of getting a used receiver from a friend. How much trouble can I get in with Directv? What is the relationship between the receiver and the smart card? I guess this is more in the line of questions I should be asking.

Thanks.

You can't get a used receiver(or DVR) from a friend unless it's really old. DIRECTV owns the equipment so it's most likely not your friend's equipment to give or sell you. To activate the receiver on your account you have to get a new card from DIRECTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts