3/17/2014 12:19pm - Uplink Activity Report - 12 changes

Why aren't all of the Disney / ESPN apps uplinked as well? We've been waiting so long for those apps ...

+1

I even have younger kids and I'll be perfectly content if the channels don't show up. They'll survive just fine too!

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

I told my daughter they were coming back and all i got was an "oh". She really does not care as long as she gets the channels some way.

I don't understand. how does this affect VOOM and the superstations?

You know, if Dish authorizes ESPN News for PR customers, those of us with a dish pointing at 61.5 would get that too. :)

Why you get a dish pointing to that sat when dish don't have anything over there for us. Imo not everyone can get that sat anyway so dish just avoid trouble by not going that route

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

now with the new sat, you can capture 61.5 with a 30", i have a 6 footer pointed to that satellite a long time ago, when we could get the HD available there, now it only serves spotbeam locals and conus mpeg4 SD, maybe i will "move" if they change to mpeg4 HD

there is no HD version of ESPN News HD on 119, 110 right now, i don't know if there is any space available on the PR spotbeams to uplink that channel to us specifically, they only up-linked the conus versions. i think they moved the HD version to 129 or 72.7

Why you get a dish pointing to that sat when dish don't have anything over there for us. Imo not everyone can get that sat anyway so dish just avoid trouble by not going that route

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
As manteca said, we used to get a LOT of HD from 61.5 way back when. And the sat has a pretty strong signal covering PR. I still get the following channels from there: 3ABN (9393), PNTGN (9405), ARTS (9406), ALMA (9413), BTV (998).
Plus, and this is very important, E16 has 5 transponder frequencies for spotbeams to Puerto Rico:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/265584-Echostar-16-Launch-November-20-2012?p=2632540#post2632540
https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/echostar-16-61-5w-sp70-puerto-rico

Why Dish launched a satellite with spot beams for PR while at the same time not allowing us to access programming from that satellite? This I don't understand.
So, in theory, Dish could allow anyone with a corresponding package plan to be able to watch ch. 9530 (ESNWS-HD), as they did with Premium HD a while back. Specially with such a strong-signal sat. This is not to say that they will, but they could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)