3/17/2014 12:19pm - Uplink Activity Report - 12 changes

Here are a couple excerpts.

DISH will make available Disney Junior, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, as well as Longhorn Network and the upcoming SEC ESPN Network upon its launch. In addition, DISH, ESPN and ESPN Deportes customers will have access to the live and video-on-demand channel ESPN3.

As part of the agreement, DISH will launch ESPNEWS, ESPNU, Disney Channel and ABC Family in high definition. ESPN Classic will be reintroduced as a video-on-demand channel.

The SEC network does not go live until Aug 14 and that is when Dish has said it will be available. I'm not sure about Longhorn network.

Re-reading the original deal,I'm not certain they will launch disj disxd fusion via sat.It looks more like it will be on demand,and over the top.

Here are a couple excerpts.
DISH will make available Disney Junior, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, as well as Longhorn Network and the upcoming SEC ESPN Network upon its launch. In addition, DISH, ESPN and ESPN Deportes customers will have access to the live and video-on-demand channel ESPN3.

As part of the agreement, DISH will launch ESPNEWS, ESPNU, Disney Channel and ABC Family in high definition. ESPN Classic will be reintroduced as a video-on-demand channel.

I disagree. I think they use the "make available" language because they don't want to use launch twice in the sentence (i.e. "Dish will launch ... SEC Network upon its launch."). Only ESPN3 and ESPN classic are referred to specifically as VOD (and in separate sentences). The statement gives no indication that Disney Junior, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, Longhorn Network, and SEC Network will be in HD.

I disagree. I think they use the "make available" language because they don't want to use launch twice in the sentence (i.e. "Dish will launch ... SEC Network upon its launch."). Only ESPN3 and ESPN classic are referred to specifically as VOD (and in separate sentences). The statement gives no indication that Disney Junior, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, Longhorn Network, and SEC Network will be in HD.

I hope your correct but,that's actually from two different paragraphs.

The extensive and expanded rights package gives DISH customer access to video-on-demand content at home, on computers and on-the-go through the DISH Anywhere app for tablets and smartphones, including:

link to entire article.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/did...t-blink-in-the-hopper-dvr-ad-zapping-dispute/

any reason why disney east and abc family are uplinked 4 times and espn u and espn news are only uplinked twice?

any reason why disney east and abc family are uplinked 4 times and espn u and espn news are only uplinked twice?

Good observation. While somewhere in the 9000s contain American package HD channels along with the PI channels, the 53xx range contains Dish Latino HD channels. 5315 is HLN HD, 5317 is Comedy Central HD, and 5321 is MTV. While no current Dish Latino package has ESPN U to my knowledge, I though Dish Latino Max had ESPNews. Although nothing is official (yet), it should be interesting...

I rather have Disney XD in HD then ABC Family in HD which most of the time is not even a family channel. ABC Teen would be a better name for it.
I am still glad for Disney HD but Disney XD shows some good cartoons like Max Steel and Marvel stuff.

I rather have Disney XD in HD then ABC Family in HD which most of the time is not even a family channel. ABC Teen would be a better name for it.
I am still glad for Disney HD but Disney XD shows some good cartoons like Max Steel and Marvel stuff.

I wonder if it has anything to do with placement reasons although it used to be in HD on Dish before with the current placements of the SD channel. I know that it has been in the lower tier of Dish Latino Clasico while it is in America's Top 200 in the American packages.

Good observation. While somewhere in the 9000s contain American package HD channels along with the PI channels, the 53xx range contains Dish Latino HD channels. 5315 is HLN HD, 5317 is Comedy Central HD, and 5321 is MTV.
I noticed that they were in the Latino package channel ranges, but I presumed they were re-mapped to there from the "main" channel. I guess they need dedicated channel assignments because of the language ?

5316(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (ABC Family) (NA)
5316(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 10 Conus beam (ABC Family) (NA)
9558(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (ABC Family) (NA)
9558(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 10 Conus beam (ABC Family) (NA)
4952(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (ABC Family) (NA)
5022(180) - ABCF [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (ABC Family) (NA)

9557(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
9557(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 10 Conus beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
5320(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
5320(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 10 Conus beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
4951(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
5020(172) - DISE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 13 ConUS beam (The Disney Channel) (NA)
Updated with the add'l uplink info...

I noticed that they were in the Latino package channel ranges, but I presumed they were re-mapped to there from the "main" channel. I guess they need dedicated channel assignments because of the language ?

A few years ago there were no HD map downs. However, now there are HD map downs of the channels. Years ago, some of the SD channels were in the 800s like The Hub (888), We TV (889), etc. Those are now on the same channels as the America's Top map down channels. If I do a search for a program that is on a channel that has an HD channel in the 9000 range, the program listing on the 9000 range channel will show up in pink or red as not subscribed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)