3/25/2009 1:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 55 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well that would even be worse than 5 mins before. If that happens, Dish should have said ON April 1st
No, they said exactly what they meant to say. I am getting tired of others trying to pin them down to the exact millisecond when they will happen. Or is that Hog pen. Either way Penn State plays on the 31st. :)

This is correct, and from what I am hearing now it appears they will be turned on via the regular uplink next Wednesday.

I have heard they wanted to get them up earlier but they are having technical issues with one of the channels and for some reason they have to launch them all together.
Wonder if that problem is BET-HD, if Viacom doesn't have that signal ready? Which, I am guessing, is why the Viacom7 have been pushed off for so long already.

Great, so if they don't fix the problem, no launch next week either. I'm now in month 4 of the great $50 charge for a free dishmover saga. For the life of me how they cannot resolve this is beyond me. I don't think there is anyone competent at E* any longer.

I have heard they wanted to get them up earlier but they are having technical issues with one of the channels and for some reason they have to launch them all together.

Why am I not surprised?

Actually, I will be surprised if they launch next wednesday.

Dish personifies the saying, "billion dollar operation waiting on a dime."

Great, so if they don't fix the problem, no launch next week either. I'm now in month 4 of the great $50 charge for a free dishmover saga. For the life of me how they cannot resolve this is beyond me. I don't think there is anyone competent at E* any longer.

Might be related to that FCC request to keep E5 at 129W until April 15. They said they were having software problems somewhere in the system that was slowing the startup of Ciel 2.

So Scranton is getting a 7th local. I wonder how bad that's going to make the other 6 suck. The CW in particular was already pretty sucky, even after they switched from analog to digital.

I've noticed that WNEP looks really bad this week. It used to be about the best of the locals. I don't know if it's connected or not, because I usually watch the locals in HD on basic cable since Dish's spotbeam doesn't cover my area.

National HD channels.......

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all new HD promises shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy, "I, the undersigned, may not get all new channels, features, or packages herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Charlie is too cheap to add new national HD right now, so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!

I know for sure that there will be Viacom HD Channels launched by late next week almost all of them will be authorized in gold hd package.

Automatic Mapdown when HD locals are released

Previous reply by HDroberts is incorrect nothing needs to be done for your in-laws to receive there HD locals to me mapped down. The default setting for 622/722 receivers is hd and sd which is located in menu-local channels then channel display which then you could either change it to sd or hd only or even disabled.

I believe, somewhere on the menu, you can select HD preference, which should make the HD mapdown automatic. I think it is the default configuration. But it can be switched to SDs (why anyone would want that is beyond me).

Do the 622 and 722 receivers come with Local HD Channel Mapdown as the default ? Or do you have to enable it ?

( I am wondering whether my in-laws will see their new Local HD channels in the two-digit range, or will I have to tell them to looks for the 4 digit number ? )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)