3/25/2009 1:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 55 changes

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all new HD promises shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy, "I, the undersigned, may not get all new channels, features, or packages herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Charlie is too cheap to add new national HD right now, so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!

Classic Charlie Wonka.......:D:D:D

Then that wouldnt be BY april 1st, that would be ON april 1st.
If charlie is/was planning on turning them on this week,or last week, or as close as possible to april 1st, he should have originally said " these new hd channels will be starting on April 1st".
Just imagine how happy everyone around here would have been when the "april 1st" channels turned on 1-7 days early? Now, everyone is mad, saying they will be on 5 mins before april 1st, etc.
It seems to me, Dish makes their situations negatives instead of positives.

It is a bad situtation for Dish to be in. They could have not announce any new HD then everyone would have been ragging on the Charlie Chat and Dish as being worthless. Turning them on at the last minute makes everyone upset and antsy. If I had to speculate I would speculate that they have a technical hold up on one or more of the channels they are trying to work out to launch them as a group.

I was actually thinking the same thing Tony. I never understood having a space between C-Span and C-Span 2 in the first place, but C-Span 3 is already provided FREE to anybody who carries the other 2 channels so maybe they are finally adding it.

The channels are picked up in your area at the POP and backhauled via fiber to the uplink center feeding that spotbeam...which happens to be in TX.
I SO don't understand why they picked New Braunfels as an uplink site. We are in flash flood alley here in Central Texas. We had hail as big as 2.8" yesterday afternoon. We can get 4" of rain in 30 minutes. That kind of weather has got to affect the uplink, no?

I SO don't understand why they picked New Braunfels as an uplink site. We are in flash flood alley here in Central Texas. We had hail as big as 2.8" yesterday afternoon. We can get 4" of rain in 30 minutes. That kind of weather has got to affect the uplink, no?

There are several across the US:

https://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techmiscupli.shtml

And actually there are more now since the design of Rainbow1/E12 at 61.5 required it.

They have to spread them out since they have to reuse the uplink frequencies too, reverse spotbeam basically.

Has the new channels that are mentioned in the last Charlie Chat been uplinked Yet? That is the ones due by April 1st.

Has the new channels that are mentioned in the last Charlie Chat been uplinked Yet? That is the ones due by April 1st.
With all the TMP channels up there, it is possible the channels are there, just waiting for a name change and status change to available. :)

Some of the Local HDs are not there, but slots have been assigned.

It is a bad situtation for Dish to be in. They could have not announce any new HD then everyone would have been ragging on the Charlie Chat and Dish as being worthless. Turning them on at the last minute makes everyone upset and antsy. If I had to speculate I would speculate that they have a technical hold up on one or more of the channels they are trying to work out to launch them as a group.
Not really a bad situation to be in. If charlie would have said "these new hd channels coming April 1st", that would have quieted everyone looking for an official announcement. Then like i said, Just imagine how happy everyone around here would have been when the "april 1st" channels turned on 1-7 days early? Now, everyone is mad/disbelieving , saying they will be on 5 mins before april 1st, etc.
Dish made their situation like it is. Technically they can come on 1 minute before April 1st, and dish didnt lie. But if that is what happens, Dish should have just said April 1st.

For the statement to be correct, the channels can come on anytime before 12:00 AM 04/02/2009. Up until that time is still "by April 1st".
Well that would even be worse than 5 mins before. If that happens, Dish should have said ON April 1st

For the statement to be correct, the channels can come on anytime before 12:00 AM 04/02/2009. Up until that time is still "by April 1st".

Exactly. Until then, your Rock of Love and For the Love of Ray Jay incessant reruns will have to be in SD.

This is correct, and from what I am hearing now it appears they will be turned on via the regular uplink next Wednesday.

I have heard they wanted to get them up earlier but they are having technical issues with one of the channels and for some reason they have to launch them all together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)