3/25/2010 1:06am - Uplink Activity Report - 74 changes

77 has to point south to keep interference down in Canada. It is a Mexico slot, it was invisioned to point to Mexico when it was allocated, so intererence with Canada at 82 was not considered.

I think Scott needs to write about this in his column one day. There's plenty of room to fire up the locals on 77 for you guys. Light a fire under Dish to get this done, until there is a more permanent fix in place for you guys...ie. E14.

Actually I'm hoping they DON'T put them on E14, now that they're supposedly not allowing 119/110/61.5 setups. That would mean that we'd get switched to Western Arc, and 129 is only half the elevation that 61.5 is!

When they went with EA setups they dropped the fee. The 211 is the "base" receiver and an installer posted that there is an option to hide all the HD channels which doesnt screw up the users aspect ratio if they are SD only.

I know when I did a "build an account" on the Dish site it gave me a 211 as the base unit (no HD/no DVR) for Minneapolis which is a EA city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)