3/3/2010 1:51pm - Uplink Activity Report - 97 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just talked to a chief eng at one of our local Evansville station, his station has had NO contact from DISH to add his hd signal to dish.

I wonder if it has something to do with Evansville being a western arch market. The channels were uplinked to 77. I still don't understand why they wouldn't put Evansville on 129.

I wonder if it has something to do with Evansville being a western arch market. The channels were uplinked to 77. I still don't understand why they wouldn't put Evansville on 129.

I think there wasn't a beam on 129 that properly covers the Evansville market...or either there was no room. Don't remember.

Also, you can't always go by the station engineers. I've heard of several where the station never knew they were going up on Dish in HD as Dish will pick them up via OTA and deal with the station owners and not the station directly.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm new & extremely excited right now. So please excuse me if this is really stupid. I'm not familiar with this kind of thing. Does this

5282(7) - KPLC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 10 ConUS beam (NA)(Lake Charles, LA-NBC)
5283(29) - KVHP [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 10 ConUS beam (NA)(Lake Charles, LA-FOX)
5285(18) - KLTL [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 10 ConUS beam (NA)(Lake Charles, LA-PBS)

mean we will finally have our locals on Dish? Never thought I would see the day... :shocked

I promise this will be my last dumb question. :hatsoff:

Yes and once the House approves the new satellite home improvement act that has passed the senate, you will also get the other networks that you lack from a near by city. My vote is that you will get Abc and Cbs from Beaumont , since we are only 65 miles apart & we used to share a Fox affiliate.

Yes and once the House approves the new satellite home improvement act that has passed the senate, you will also get the other networks that you lack from a near by city. My vote is that you will get Abc and Cbs from Beaumont , since we are only 65 miles apart & we used to share a Fox affiliate.

No vote needed. Lafayette HD locals are only on Western Arc, so it would have to be Beaumont.... not sure if the 61.5 beam reaches all of the LKC DMA though. It must as they had room for those three channels on the Lafayette 129 beam and that beam covers the Lake Charles DMA.

No vote needed. Lafayette HD locals are only on Western Arc, so it would have to be Beaumont.... not sure if the 61.5 beam reaches all of the LKC DMA though. It must as they had room for those three channels on the Lafayette 129 beam and that beam covers the Lake Charles DMA.

I saw that the Lake Charles channels are on the 77 sat which is conus. I guess they will use the two Beaumont stations for Abc and Cbs and uplink them on the 77 sat just for Lake Charles so they can have full set of locals, when they make them available for subs.

That's fantastic! No more suddenlink!! Thanks!! :up

The Monroe,La. locals are on 77 in HD. Can any one please tell me when they might be available to dish customers? Also. will they stay on 77? And how long are they usually in testing stage. Answers to any or all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)