3 LNB vs 5 LNB setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tampa Satman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Texas
I searched the forums for info on the 5 LNB vs the 3LNB setup. Didnt see the details on what advantages the 5 LNB offers.

Bringing the setup to speed, I have a Bestway 5X16 Multiswitch W/ 22Khz HDTV. A couple of simple Hughes D* receivers, a TIVO D* receiver, H10 (3), Samsung HD D* receiver (2), etc.

What are the pro's and cons of the 5 LNB vs the 3 LNB? Is there extra content recieved with the 5 LNB? As I see it is used for HD content-local air correct? I have an off-air antenna for the local HD content.

I realize the multiswitch I currently own will not work with the new 5 LNB, but I am wondering if I will or am missing out on content.

Can someone provide a link or two to describe the workings of each satellite feed.
101w, 110w and 119w and the two other feeds provided with the extra two LNB's.

An explaination of the downstream TX provided from D* in their content would be helpful.

Thanks all!
Tampa Satman

These are input freqs of the AT9.

Input Frequency : 12.2 - 12.7 GHz,
18.3 - 18.8 GHz,
19.7 - 20.2 GHz

While the input freqs for the Phase 3 antenna-LNB is
Input Frequency Range : 12.2~12.7 GHz
12.5~12.7MHz
12.5~12.7 GHz

What content is located in the 18.3 - 18.8 GHz, 19.7 - 20.2 GHz spectrum?

Thanks
Tampa Satman

the 5 lnb dish get's the 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119 satellites, and you'll need that 5 lnb dish in order to be able to get all of dtv's HD content next year when they add more HD channels on those satellites

realplaya3tn said:
the 5 lnb dish get's the 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119 satellites, and you'll need that 5 lnb dish in order to be able to get all of dtv's HD content next year when they add more HD channels on those satellites

I understand the info of 5 satellites. What I would like extrapolated on is the notion of what info/content is being added from the 99 and 103 degree satellites? I already get the 101-110-119 satellites. What content is contained in that spectrum of the sky?

Im gathering that only the HD boxes will be utilizing that bandwidth-correct?

As Realplaya said above. "you'll need that 5 lnb dish in order to be able to get all of dtv's HD content next year when they add more HD channels on those satellites" Currently that is your LIL HD and RSN HD, but soon it will be more than that; any new HD is likely to come from here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)