3 Months Free HBO

Contacted dish yesterday and they gave me the free HBO and cinemax free for 3 months, already have starz and encore free for one year from dish, getting showtime free for one year from directv so I don't need it. IMHO not much of anything on them but when or if I find something to watch.

Welcome Pack 9.99
HBO - 3 Mo 0.00
Cinemax - 3 Mo 0.00
Starz - 12 Mo 0.00
Encore - 12 Mo 0.00
Total $ 9.99 (Excludes taxes / credits)

That's one heck of a deal!

Last edited:
Just got HBO Via chat. Got to give Dish kudos for doing promo's like this. Between the Cinemax for a penny deal that I had, free Starz for a year, and a few of the other promo's, I have had at least one premium channel for quite a while now, and haven't had to pay for them. Thanks Dish.

Just tried chat and was told they had no free HBO as of right now. I have been with dish 13 years. Very frustrating.

Just tried chat and was told they had no free HBO as of right now. I have been with dish 13 years. Very frustrating.

Do the chat again and tell the csr that you heard about the FREE Hbo for 3 months on THIS website. And ask them if you are eligible for it. That is the way I framed the question and he said : let me check and yes you are eligible for the free promo. I wasn't eligible for the FREE Showtime though.

Denied. I think due to the fact that they think I have a 110/119 +61.5 hybrid setup. I repointed the 110/119 to 61.5/72 and ditched the separate 61.5 dish myself last summer. I keep getting the "Urgent Message" postcards about upgrading my dish setup. I guess I'll have to finally give them a call when I get back from vacation next week.

I was just turned down over the phone and I mentioned I heard about it here. Maybe because I had free cinemax just a short time ago. Just just wanted HBO for 3 months, but no way.

atvman said:
I was just turned down over the phone and I mentioned I heard about it here. Maybe because I had free cinemax just a short time ago. Just just wanted HBO for 3 months, but no way.

I had Cinemax free for 30 days back in May and I have HBO free for 3 months now.

Try try again. You got someone that does know that it can be given away. Do it on chat. Why waste your time on the phone.

Less than a month ago I was turned down on chat. There must have asked me 5 different things to verify my account. Chat was a bigger waste of time.

I've been a customer since 2004 or so, AT250 or it's equivalent the whole time, never *once* gotten an HBO promo. It's good to see that I'm a "most valued customer." :rolleyes:

I've been a customer since 2004 or so, AT250 or it's equivalent the whole time, never *once* gotten an HBO promo. It's good to see that I'm a "most valued customer." :rolleyes:

Please send me a PM with your account information and I will see if I can get you qualified. It doesn't specifically have to do with having that particular (HBO) premium freebie previously but how many free promotions given on any account in the recent past.

All I see in my account is the option to replace the remaining free Starz promo with 3 free months of HBO / Cinemax. Would be nice if I could somehow just add 3 free months of HBO.

* I tried online chat and got the 3 free months of HBO added. Nice! I've been with Dish 13+ yrs. No plans on going anywhere else.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)