3 Months free Starz & HD Platinum

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Heads up... great offer.

My 3 months free trial of HBO & Showtime was coming to an end, so I contacted customer service online to see if there were any other free trials available to me.

They offered me 3 months free of Starz & Platinum HD. That's more than a 20$ value each month.

No need to worry about credits or opting out of the offer, the offer is posted to your bill at 0$ every month and automatically removed at expiry.

This offer must be available to everyone, because I am on "pay in advance-Flex" service and I am usually not elligible for any offers. If I get it, everyone should.

Online agent took about 4-5 minutes to add this to my account with a free PPV voucher to boot!

Sweet. I'll be jumping on this tomorrow (chat's closed tonight.)

I just jumped on to chat to try and add it. They said they could give me the 3 months of free Platinum immediately, but that I had to wait a few days before being able to do the 3 months of free Starz. Im more interested in the free trial of Starz, so I opted to wait. Not sure why they couldnt give me Starz right away though.

PJW99 said:
I just jumped on to chat to try and add it. They said they could give me the 3 months of free Platinum immediately, but that I had to wait a few days before being able to do the 3 months of free Starz. Im more interested in the free trial of Starz, so I opted to wait. Not sure why they couldnt give me Starz right away though.

Do you have to re-up for another 24 months?

I got the HD Platinum 3 Month trial. I was also told to wait for the Starz. It's cool though I can wait :) . Meanwhile I'll be checking out the new Sony channel and C&I HD and stuff :) . I'll try for the Starz in about 5 days.

i just finished chatting with a dishnet chat rep. she informed me that the current starz &hd platinum promo is on hold. i found that to be a little weird my assumption is the promo doesn't go into affect until 10/?/2010 so they can't proactively offer the promo, until they get the okay from the sales mgr and marketing. anyhow i will try back next week to see what's good. dish, dish, dish smh :confused:

Strange... when I called on Oct 3rd, I was able to get both right away. I actually see it when I log online to see my programming it shows both Starz & Platinum for $0.00.

Maybe they stopped offering the Starz a few hours after and will only offer it later on this year?

Anyway, I am happy some of you at least got to benefit from 3 months of HD Platinum. 30$ ... not bad for 5 minutes on chat with a Dish CSR.

I just went on the chat and complained about missing Sons Of Anarchy. The guy offered me 3 free ppvs and I said that would not satisfy me so he offered free HD Plat for 3 months, I told him that I already pay for that. Then I told him that I was aware of a promotion they had going on that offered 3 months free of STARZ and he said give me a minute and then came back and said he had successfully upgraded my acct to receive STARZ free and that I would need to call and cancel it a day before the three months is over. :D

Awesome. I hope everybody is getting in on this deal for free Platinum & Starz.

Now if only I could get that free Latino Playboy that so many people are getting :)

I'm trying for the third time as we speak to get 3 free months of Starz. They keep telling me to check back, and check back, so let's see what this csr says............

"Starz free for three months is not offered to any one as of now."

Strange... when I called on Oct 3rd, I was able to get both right away. I actually see it when I log online to see my programming it shows both Starz & Platinum for $0.00.

Maybe they stopped offering the Starz a few hours after and will only offer it later on this year?

Anyway, I am happy some of you at least got to benefit from 3 months of HD Platinum. 30$ ... not bad for 5 minutes on chat with a Dish CSR.
Maybe they have a dispute with Starz coming up and don't want to piss people off anymore than they have already

I'm trying for the third time as we speak to get 3 free months of Starz. They keep telling me to check back, and check back, so let's see what this csr says............

"Starz free for three months is not offered to any one as of now."

Im not having any luck either :(. I just tried adding the Starz deal in chat and was told this.

03) HY1 Ethan A.ZE3: Let me inform you that the Starz promotion is a upcoming one , you need to wait for some time .

Maybe I need to keep playing CSR Roulette?

Im not having any luck either :(. I just tried adding the Starz deal in chat and was told this.

03) HY1 Ethan A.ZE3: Let me inform you that the Starz promotion is a upcoming one , you need to wait for some time .

Maybe I need to keep playing CSR Roulette?

They never seem to want to give Starz.......not sure why......

i actually called in last night to inquire about this mysterious starz promo. the rep informed me that enable to get starz free for 3 months, you have to sign up for paperless billing/ auto pay. i am all for paperless billing....but i'm going to pass on the auto pay.

Just called and the operator stated that the STARZ promotion was on HOLD. The operator did add the Platinum HD free for 3 months.

I couldn't get Starz, they claim it's coming for whatever that's worth, but I did get Platinum free for 3 months. There's more on there than there was on HBO/Showtime.

To be fair, Dish did keep their word about checking in next week. They are now offering Starz (regular $13.00/month unless bundled with other premiums) free for three months along with HD Platinum (regular $10.00/month) free for three months. Even if you have them, you should try getting credits. I think it does makeup somewhat for the loss of FSN (HD), FX (HD), NatGeo (HD), Disney East HD feed, Disney XD HD feed, ESPNews HD feed, and ABC Family HD feed. Too bad Fox could not at least agree to keep a SD feed or an HD feed of FX and Nat Geo. Obviously, Disney got some attention doing so.

FMI on HD Platinum: http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum/
Note: Sony Movie Channel [http://sonymoviechannel.com/], which was recently added, is not on the list.

FMI on Starz: http://www.dishnetwork.com/premiums/customer.aspx
Note: You do have to scroll down some to Starz. You can even check out the schedule.

I think Dish may even gain more subs to the HD Platinum add on and to the Starz premium this way.

One more thing to remember: Do not forget to remove what you no longer want by the time the free three months is up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts