3 Months free Starz & HD Platinum

Got Platinum a couple of weeks ago. Got Starz today. I looked through the guide at Starz channels for a couple of days, didn't see a thing. Hopefully they will have something better in the future than what I saw.

Received credit for HD Platnium and 3 months free Starz

Chat Transcript
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Hi Ed.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: How may I help you?

Ed Davis: Hi, I understand there is a current promotion going on for free HD Platinum and Starz for 3 months for customers who have paperless billing and are affected by the channel takedown by Fox.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Absolutely.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: I am happy that you are aware of this offer.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: How may I help you?

Ed Davis: i currently pay for HD Platinum and the multi sports package that I'm not getting Fox.. Can I get this promotion

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Please give me just 2-3 minutes while I check on that for you.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: For security purposes, can you please verify the PIN on the account?

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Unfortunately, we are not authorized to do this without Auto pay and paperless billing.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: However, let me check this with my supervisor.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: For security purposes, can you please verify the PIN on the account?

Ed Davis: XXXX

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Thank you.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: One moment please.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: I would be happy to inform you that I can offer you Starz and HD Platinum as you have been a very loyal Dish network customer.

Ed Davis: Thank you - one other thing..could you check to see when I will be credited for my referral that was activated on 9/13

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Sure.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Your patience is greatly appreciated.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: I would like to inform you that you will be receiving your referral credits from 11/05/2010.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Ed Davis: No Thank you so much and I'm 100% percent behind Charlie on this one with Fox!

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: You are most welcome.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: I understand your concern.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: I know how annoying it can be loosing our favorite channels and shows.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: We ensure you that you will get back all your channels soon and you will be a happy Dish network customer.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: May health and happiness be yours in all seasons.

(03) HY4 Bob S.V5Q: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a pleasant night!

I called and spoke with two different CSRs and no dice on getting Starz free 3 month deal. Then, tried the chat thing and that worked.

Just finished a chat, and got the same great deal!! Free Starz and Platinum HD for 3 months!! Also, got 3 free PPV coupons! I already had Platinum HD, so it'll be nice to get for free now, even for 3 months....anyone know if I need to cancel before the 3 months is up, or will Starz and Platinum HD drop from my channel lineup at the end of 3 months? Also, while I had the guy, I dropped HBO from my channel lineup. I know that they usually charge $5 for that, but he never mentioned that there would be a charge...do you think he waived it because I started the chat expressing my frustration with the FOX situation?

Just finished a chat, and got the same great deal!! Free Starz and Platinum HD for 3 months!! Also, got 3 free PPV coupons! I already had Platinum HD, so it'll be nice to get for free now, even for 3 months....anyone know if I need to cancel before the 3 months is up, or will Starz and Platinum HD drop from my channel lineup at the end of 3 months? Also, while I had the guy, I dropped HBO from my channel lineup. I know that they usually charge $5 for that, but he never mentioned that there would be a charge...do you think he waived it because I started the chat expressing my frustration with the FOX situation?

I believe that there has actually been a refreshing change with Dish. It now seems that there is only a $5 charge (or $20 for adult services I think....) if you cancel something before a month of having it. I think the Protection Plan differs a little.

I believe that there has actually been a refreshing change with Dish. It now seems that there is only a $5 charge (or $20 for adult services I think....) if you cancel something before a month of having it. I think the Protection Plan differs a little.
Here is what Dish says:
"A service change fee is applied when you remove services within 30 days of adding them.

* $5 for non-Adult services †
* $20 for Adult services (includes Playboy) †
* $25 for Service Plan when removed within 5 months
* † Waived for new customers in their first 60 days of service"

last week couldnt get Starz this week - literally 1 minute.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: How may I help you?

Roger Leblanc: Hi, I see there is a promotion for Starz for three months free and I was told to get back in touch this week to get it. Can you do that for me?

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: Hello, Roger.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: Sure, I'd be glad to assist you with that.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: For security purposes, can you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?

Roger Leblanc: ****

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: Thank you.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: I have added Starz free for 3 months to your account.

Roger Leblanc: Thanks, thats great!

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: To receive Starz free for 3 months, you must agree to Auto Pay with Paperless Billing. If Auto Pay with Paperless Billing is removed from your account, or service is disconnected, you may forfeit your free programming.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: You're welcome, Roger.

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Roger Leblanc: Fair enough

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: Thank you.

Roger Leblanc: All Set for today

(03) HY1Plt Austin P.ZE1: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for chatting with Dish Network. Take care and have a great day!

Roger Leblanc: you too

Hello - the promotion for 3 months of HD Platinum is still good as of today. I already had it so they took $10 off of my bill for 3 months and in return I still have the paperless billing which I had before. It would be an easy thing to just do through the chat session at the Dish Site. I wasn't offered Starz unfortunately.

All,

(Your mileage may vary)

I talked to a Chat CSR today regarding my Starz and Platinum HD 3 months free promos that expired, and guess what?

I was offered them both again for another 3 months!

I am now good until April.

Hope all of you take advantage of this repeat offer if you can!

All,

(Your mileage may vary)

I talked to a Chat CSR today regarding my Starz and Platinum HD 3 months free promos that expired, and guess what?

I was offered them both again for another 3 months!

I am now good until April.

Hope all of you take advantage of this repeat offer if you can!

How nice of them! :)

I just tried renewing mine and they told me that they were not offering that at this time but did offer me 3 ppv coupons.

Just added starz for 3 months free to my welcome pack.

$10.29 with tax hard to beat

thanks
dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts