3 ring of light error (3 red ring of light)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Hey guys, anyone ever had this happened to them and reattach the cables and everything work fine? or did you send it in for repair 100% of the time when it happened? any help would be apperciated thanks!

From what I have seen, 3 rings means dead unit.

I have only seen a couple of cases where people have unplugged everything and then reinstalled and it recovered.

well that just sucks, I think mine is overheating, because everytime I turn it on my time gets less and less, it starts out at 2 minutes it shuts off, to the point where it dosent even turn on! off to texas it goes (again) you know if the ps3 works right out of the box, that extra hundred might not be so bad after all! it will be better then waiting for two weeks for your 360 to work!

I believe overheating is a big issue that kills these things, ever touch the disk after you have been playing for only an hour or so. I bought a mini fan and placed it behind my 360 and turn it on while I play it. Nyko also sells a fan attachment, but I havent been able to find these anywhere. Also, some people lean the "power box" that the AC plug is attached to up so that air can flow through it better and cool it. Sorry for your luck, hope it changes, it is very disappointing to hear stuff like this....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)