3 Sats, 2 cables

JHark

Original poster
Feb 21, 2004
Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, but I can never get the search function to find what I'm looking for.

When I built my house I had two cables put between the dish location and the basement, where my DPP 44 switch is located. (Dumb, I know!)

So of course I want to use three sats (119, 110, 61.5). I have a DPP Twin LNB, which has an aux input. If I connect 61.5 to the aux input, and go directly from the Twin LNB to a receiver, I can see all 3 sats.

But If I connect the two ports from the DPP Twin to the DPP 44 in the basement, I can only see 119 and 110, and not 61.5 on the aux input.

Is there someway to make this work? Anything else I need to buy?

Many thanks!

If you have two receivers or less, just take the DPP44 out of the circuit, and run the 61.5 coax to the DPP Twin aux port. Connect the DPP Twin output cables to the DPP44 output cables with barrel connectors.

Otherwise, for more than two receivers, you'll need to add a third coax from the dish to the switch.

Definitely need 3 cable runs. If you use the DPP44 switch you need one cable per orbital location, in your case 3. If you use a 1000.2 with the 61.5 connected to it, you need 3 cables. One for each receiver.