On Vacation
Oct 20, 2004
earth
5-8 years too late if you ask me, although does look good in hd

Edgar_in_Indy

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
Anybody else having trouble with the signal breaking up? I'm watching via Dish HD locals out of Nashville, TN.

B

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 18, 2003
Yup, me too edgar... sux!!! Didn't DN have a problem with the Superbowl on one of their channels too? Sheesh, I guess each of the BIG sporting events on DN is going to get 2nd rate service.

C'mon Dish!!!

bub

Edgar_in_Indy

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
It got so bad that it became unwatchable. I reset my receiver, and while it's still breaking up occasionally, it seems to be better now. I thought that maybe it was a problem with the broadcast from the speedway, but it was breaking up on commercials too.

B

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Nov 18, 2003
Funny, I reset my receiver too thinking it was me, but after 13 years of being with DN, I definitely should have known better.

bub

Edgar_in_Indy

Edgar_in_Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
Bub, are you also watching on WKRN out of Nashville?

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I was watching it coming OTA from Cincy. Break up as well. Obviously coming from ABC.

lakebum431

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Watched via Atlanta locals both ota and via dish (switched back and forth) and saw no breakups.

M

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
No breakups on the KOMO Seattle feed through the satellite.

It was great to see the race in HD finally; or more correctly the 3.5 hour commercial with short breaks of "The greatest spectacle in racing" thrown in. Meira and Castroneves were my 2 picks, so I was fairly happy.

Miner

lakebum431

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
I like the way they did several of the commercials with the split screen that leaves race footage in a small window on the left. I wish Nascar did that as well.

Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
I had audio drop outs every 2-3 seconds, just a blip, only on the digital channel, NTSC was OK - both OTA.

About an hour and a half into the race it cleared up.

Otherwise the picture was great.

Sphagnum

Sphagnum

SatelliteGuys Family
May 15, 2008
I like the way they did several of the commercials with the split screen that leaves race footage in a small window on the left. I wish Nascar did that as well.

Nascar did pilot that program last year on one of the bigger races, I can't remember which one, last year. I think it was when TNT had the broadcast, but it might have been ESPN at the end of the year, can't remember for sure... I can only assume that it was a success and so they tried it on the Indy 500 this year. It's a great option for sports racing fans!