Indy 500 in HD

Yup, me too edgar... sux!!! Didn't DN have a problem with the Superbowl on one of their channels too? Sheesh, I guess each of the BIG sporting events on DN is going to get 2nd rate service.

C'mon Dish!!!

bub

It got so bad that it became unwatchable. I reset my receiver, and while it's still breaking up occasionally, it seems to be better now. I thought that maybe it was a problem with the broadcast from the speedway, but it was breaking up on commercials too.

Funny, I reset my receiver too thinking it was me, but after 13 years of being with DN, I definitely should have known better.

bub

I was watching it coming OTA from Cincy. Break up as well. Obviously coming from ABC.

Watched via Atlanta locals both ota and via dish (switched back and forth) and saw no breakups.

No breakups on the KOMO Seattle feed through the satellite.

It was great to see the race in HD finally; or more correctly the 3.5 hour commercial with short breaks of "The greatest spectacle in racing" thrown in. Meira and Castroneves were my 2 picks, so I was fairly happy.

Miner

I like the way they did several of the commercials with the split screen that leaves race footage in a small window on the left. I wish Nascar did that as well.

I had audio drop outs every 2-3 seconds, just a blip, only on the digital channel, NTSC was OK - both OTA.

About an hour and a half into the race it cleared up.

Otherwise the picture was great.

I like the way they did several of the commercials with the split screen that leaves race footage in a small window on the left. I wish Nascar did that as well.

Nascar did pilot that program last year on one of the bigger races, I can't remember which one, last year. I think it was when TNT had the broadcast, but it might have been ESPN at the end of the year, can't remember for sure... I can only assume that it was a success and so they tried it on the Indy 500 this year. It's a great option for sports racing fans!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts